Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

2022 Sovereigns

Is anyone here interested in the new design for the 2022 Sovereign being released Monday? Just curious if it is worth going after.

Comments

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

One year types are always harder to get later. Hoping it’s a good design!

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭

Some of the recent special or limited issues have done very well.

• Options

Anyone order one?

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoping this design comes out in the bullion version!

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

@3stars said:
    Hoping this design comes out in the bullion version!

I imagine it will.

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@Exbrit said:
    Anyone order one?

I ended up getting the 3 Coin Set and a single Sovereign. Hopefully they do well as an investment. What I’m really waiting for is the Great Engravers coins.

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

Three coin set was a nice grab. I bought two of the full sovereigns and it appears they are shipping. I liked the design and, based on past history, they should do well over time. I think everything is now unavailable.

• Options

@Orlena said:
    Three coin set was a nice grab. I bought two of the full sovereigns and it appears they are shipping. I liked the design and, based on past history, they should do well over time. I think everything is now unavailable.

Did you get stuck in the queue or did you order early? I was on about 15 mins early and it let me order so I did. Then after ordering it put me in the queue.

• Options

Yes I ordered one early and since I couldn’t believe my good fortune I ordered another when the queue allowed. I’ve had the Royal Mint take an order and then cancel a day later when they oversold - happened last year on great engravers. They do a pretty good job overall.

• Options

Dirt94 did you receive your 3 coin set and what did you think?

My sovereign coin was as impressive in person as it was in the pics. I’m always impressed with the RM packaging and my coins showed up quickly and in perfect condition.

• Options

@Orlena said:
    Dirt94 did you receive your 3 coin set and what did you think?

My sovereign coin was as impressive in person as it was in the pics. I’m always impressed with the RM packaging and my coins showed up quickly and in perfect condition.

I have not received the 3 coin set yet but I did receive my full Sovereign and it looked great. The Royal Mint packaging is truly impressive for coins like this and I think the US Mint could take a lesson vs the cheap ass plastic containers they give.

• Options

My 3 Coin Proof set has arrived. COA #96 which is cool because the Queen will be 96 in 2022 which is what year Sovereign this is. Looks great too!

• Options

I have to say that I’m impressed you even noticed the #96. I would have noted the low number, but probably missed the bday connection.

• Options

@Orlena said:
    I have to say that I’m impressed you even noticed the #96. I would have noted the low number, but probably missed the bday connection.

Seems like it could be a good COA #.