Home Autographs Forum

Hunting for authentic Phoebe Cates autograph

Hi, if anyone has or knows someone who has a Phoebe Cates signed photo, I fouwld love to hear from you and make a deal on it

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does she still sign TTM? Last I heard she has a boutique in NYC.

• She runs a boutique. I once politely asked if she would sign a photo if I sent one with a stamped return envelope, but understandably that was politely refused

Wow! I wonder if you offered her $$ if she'd sign.

• She's married to Kevin Kline and her boutique is VERY successful. I doubt it.

Oh, I either didn't know that or had forgotten.

Too bad someone doesn't convince her to do a private signing.

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

try the BST Autograph section

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • What is BST?

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

The problem may be that she doesn't want to have photos from her pre-"Gremlins" movie career presented for signing. I suspect many such photos would be presented by male fans.

All glory is fleeting.
  • bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2021 3:51PM

@291fifth said:

@JBK said:

The problem may be that she doesn't want to have photos from her pre-"Gremlins" movie career presented for signing. I suspect many such photos would be presented by male fans.

"drools", oh yeah, as a very young pup in the early 80s, I remember her from that time well. >:)B)

And Jennifer Beals <3

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronzemat said:

@291fifth said:

@JBK said:

"drools", oh yeah, as a very young pup in the early 80s, I remember her from that time well. >:)B)

And Jennifer Beals <3

I thought Jennifer Beals was a very convincing welder. ;)

All glory is fleeting.

@291fifth said:

@JBK said:

I agree. You know that would happen. That's why a private signing for a certain number of photos that she picked out would be the way to go.

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

@ShaunsAutos said:
    What is BST?

Buy, Sell, Trade

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

She dropped out of the acting game pretty early, I recall. Probably just doesn't want to deal with it all, like some choose to do.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
    edited November 20, 2021 5:40PM

I'm not one of those people who think that celebrities owe their fans whatever they ask for expect.

However....I read up on Phoebe. She met her future husband Kevin Kline during an audition later on in her career. Were it not for her early success with fans, she would not have been considered for that role and never would have been in the same room with Kevin Kline.

No marriage, no kids, no swanky boutique on Madison Avenue.

So, sign a few autographs, even if for money. :smile: