Home Q & A Forum
Options

Do I ship to PCGS with “Signature for Delivery”?

MKUltra24MKUltra24 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 11, 2021 5:23PM in Q & A Forum

Today I shipped out my first package to PCGS and I couldn’t find any information on the “Packaging and Shipping Instructions” page on the PCGS site regarding whether to use signature on delivery or not.

I decided to pay the $5 for sign on delivery but did I screw up?

Will PCGS have someone there to sign?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭

I send in submissions with return receipt required. Always get a human signed card back, so you should be OK.

• Options

@sumdunce said:
    I send in submissions with return receipt required. Always get a human signed card back, so you should be OK.

Oh ok thanks! Yeah the thing is I wanted to be able to guarantee that it was in the hands of PCGS.

I didn’t want to worry about them saying they didn’t get it if the package says delivered.

I also noticed whenever I buy coins/bullion they use signature on delivery.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smart move. I have private insurance, but their coverage only applies if my package requires a signature upon delivery.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2021 12:47AM

@winesteven said:
    Smart move. I have private insurance, but their coverage only applies if my package requires a signature upon delivery.

Steve

Looks like everything arrived safely and is being graded now.

First Strike cutoff was 11/18 so I made it just in time ^_^

I was nervous shipping without insurance so that’s a relief!

• Options

Absolutely...