Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Counterfeit PSA graded cards on eBay.

It's bad enough that so many unethical eBay sellers are hawking reprint cards and not stating it in their listings (they put RP in the title to cover themselves), but now I've spotted one guy selling "novelty" PSA graded cards. He is honest about the fact that they're fake, but that doesn't make it right. Do a search for "1968 J Koosman/N Ryan Novelty Replica Of The Iconic Card" and you'll see that he has quite a few bogus cards for sale. Is there anything that can be done about this guy? I reported him to eBay, but they never do anything. Any input would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2021 9:52AM

Does not say PSA on the flip, holder or in the title. The overall look, flip set-up and colors do border on The McDowell’s infringement zone.

• Options

They blacked out the PSA logos, but everything else looks exactly like a real PSA graded card. These were obviously made up to fool people into thinking they were PSA graded cards. Criminal act, in my opinion.

• Options

Looks like eBay took them down. I did send an email to PSA about this guy, so maybe they complained to eBay.

• Options

Yup, that serial number didn't take much imagination!

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is like they started out thinking they could make a good fake, then at some point they gave up. Not quite even close…

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Figured if #d cards with a players uniform number sell at a premium then one numbered with his uni # 8 times is priceless!

• Options
    FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭
    edited November 10, 2021 10:08PM

@brad31 said:
    Figured if #d cards with a players uniform number sell at a premium then one numbered with his uni # 8 times is priceless!

Totally. Because collecting and paying thousands of dollars for little cardboard pictures of men playing a children’s game entombed in plastic is completely realistic. But seeking out ones with the jersey number is where we draw the line, amirite? Let’s not even talk about those guys paying premiums for white backs versus grey backs. Or even more absurd, Mantle white letters versus yellow letters. A card is a card as far as I am concerned. Premiums Shmemiums. B)

• Options

Where is this chump getting these plastic cases at?

Previous CU user: jmmiller777
    Baseball HOFer's-PSA6+
    Heritage Sets
    Kellogg's Graded-PSA 8+
    60's Topps Sets-Raw
    Anything that Catches My Attention

• Options

That's a great question. They weren't great fakes, but they'd definitely sell at a flea market. So annoying that the guy was trying to sell them as "novelty" items. He knew what his buyers would do with them because he was trying to get up to $75 each for the cards. Hopefully, eBay banned him and PSA will take legal action against him.

• Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

@Flux said:

@brad31 said:

Totally. Because collecting and paying thousands of dollars for little cardboard pictures of men playing a children’s game entombed in plastic is completely realistic. But seeking out ones with the jersey number is where we draw the line, amirite? Let’s not even talk about those guys paying premiums for white backs versus grey backs. Or even more absurd, Mantle white letters versus yellow letters. A card is a card as far as I am concerned. Premiums Shmemiums. B)

ban this tool!

Oh wait

• Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2021 7:44PM

But, idiotic comments aside.

Caveat emptor

The back sides of the "psa slabs" are just ridiculous.