Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

What Country is this note from?

I can not figure out where this note is from and what the Pick number is. I've gone through the Krause as well as the Specialized. The writing is Cyrillic and translates to 10,000. No help there.

Coast Guard Craig

Looking for Denmark 1874 20-Kroner. Please offer.

Comments

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a pyramid scheme run by the person pictured on the note - Mavrodi in the mid-1990s to scam already broke Russians out of whatever meagre funds they had. His scam was shut down by the Russian government after literally hundreds of thousands of people were bilked out of their money.

This "note" was like a share certificate that mimicked the privatization cheques issued by the Russian government in 1992.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 418 ✭✭✭

@SaorAlba said:
    It was a pyramid scheme run by the person pictured on the note - Mavrodi in the mid-1990s to scam already broke Russians out of whatever meagre funds they had. His scam was shut down by the Russian government after literally hundreds of thousands of people were bilked out of their money.

This "note" was like a share certificate that mimicked the privatization cheques issued by the Russian government in 1992.

-And the note has "1994" on it. Very interesting @SaorAlba ! Thanks for sharing @USCGCraig .

• USCGCraigUSCGCraig Posts: 1,005 ✭✭

Thanks so much. Makes sense why I couldn't find it and why it isn't in the Specialized book either.

Coast Guard Craig

Looking for Denmark 1874 20-Kroner. Please offer.