Home Sports Talk

Baker is going to start this weekend

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

The guy is tough. You have to give him that.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Comments

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember an old saying my Grandfather used to tell me - "If you're going to be stupid you better be tough!" - But I'd make sure Keenum is warmed up and ready to go at a moments notice.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

I give him credit for his toughness and leadership, he wants to be out there and win. Cleveland fans have to respect that.

Now that being said, is the Cleveland cia he’s and staff not protecting Baker from himself? I mean if the guy is in a position to further injury himself then they shouldn’t allow him to play.

If I’m part of the Browns brass I might want this kid to get the surgery now so he can be 100% sooner rather than later.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has to start and win. Imagine Keenum beating the Steelers. Keenum putting up Mayfield like #’s. 17-23. 180 yards 1 TD.
    Now imagine paying Keenum $6M and Mayfield wants Allen type #’s. Now you see why he has to start as soon as possible. I don’t see a big drop off between them. We’ve seen Keenum manage a good team to the playoffs.
    If nothing else the Browns franchise Mayfield for a year.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see a big difference between the 2 QBs. However Baker should sit this one out. I expect the Steelers to hit his bad shoulder as much as possible even if they get a couple roughing penalties'. Once he is out of the game the Steelers odds of winning goes up. If he sustains serious injury his chance of a huge contract goes down.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mayfield is not doing his hopes for a big contract any favors if he gets hurt. Risky play to try and gut out a win.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

i agree that if he injures himself further, it will make scoring a huge contract that much tougher.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.