Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

A deal has been made.

crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 29, 2021 6:59PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I have located one at an acceptable price.
Thanks to all👍

By the way. If you are a new member here hold your mud. I won’t do business with you.
Thank you for your understanding 😊

Thank you all for chiming in.
Joe

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comments

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@crazyhounddog said:
    PM me if you’re looking to sell just one.
    Thanks, Joe

By the way. If you are a new member here hold your mud. I won’t do business with you.

How old are you ? Sometimes holding your mud is easier said than done. 🤪🤪💩💩💩

Not THAT old😂

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:
    Thanks, Joe

If you don't mind, I would love to ask you some questions.
    1. Would I be considered a new member in your eyes? Is this a post count thing or when I signed up?
    2. If I am a new member, why would you not do business with me? If it's a trust thing, if I was able to provide board references, does that change? If it's not a trust thing, what is the reason?

I consider myself newer here (although would not classify myself as new) and am genuinely curious and if you don't want to respond here would love your perspective via pm. Understanding your perspective will help be a better forum member.

Thanks

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

At what point in your membership do you cross over the newbe line to the non-newbe line. Is it days/weeks/months/years/# of badges or post? I've been a member almost 3 months now, and have had a handful of seasoned members question my character,credibility, and one member just got nasty criticizing an early listing telling me my prices were to high and doubted that I would ever sell anything. I realize that these members make up less than 0.001%. I apologise for my soapbox post as I love the members on these forums and all the knowledge that they freely and willingly post. There is no other place or group of collectors that I would want to be associated with. I'm sorry if I offended any one, Respectfully Jon

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    At what point in your membership do you cross over the newbe line to the non-newbe line. Is it days/weeks/months/years/# of badges or post? I've been a member almost 3 months now, and have had a handful of seasoned members question my character,credibility, and one member just got nasty criticizing an early listing telling me my prices were to high and doubted that I would ever sell anything. I realize that these members make up less than 0.001%. I apologise for my soapbox post as I love the members on these forums and all the knowledge that they freely and willingly post. There is no other place or group of collectors that I would want to be associated with. I'm sorry if I offended any one, Respectfully Jon

You haven’t been here long enough to witness some of the serious scams perpetrated on members here. Many have lost much money trusting members almost (but not every. Old timers will remember bigD5) always new guys, you learn caution. You start with the trusting if you want to be trusted and do your part of the trade first.

• Options

Thanks for you comments Jim. I have been scammed on Ebay and understand.

• Options

@JWP said:

I apologize if I’ve hurt anyone’s feeling with my statement of who I’m willing to do business with. A new member here is a relative term. As another member had already mentioned many good trusting people right here on this forum has been scammed and it seems to always happen with brand new, or, newer members. It’s hard to believe that people or crooks rather will sign up just to wait in the wings to scam someone out of just a couple a hundred bucks. Those are the people I refer my statement too. For the most part people here are very honest but some of the stories I read here and on the forum is enough for me to take caution.
    Again I’m sorry if some of you might have taken it the wrong way.
    Happy hunting, Joe

• Options
    Larrob37Larrob37 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

Jon i think it is your right to limit your dealings with whomever you want to. I have done two deals with you and both times you mailed me my items before you got paid. You do not need to apologize to anyone.

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog no need to explain. I’ll do it for you “circle of trust”. Glad you got your deal done
    Martin

• Options
    knovak1976knovak1976 Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:
    Thanks, Joe

I'm new here also but pretty sure my collection of over 45 years might more than prove my ability to deal with you, but I will just deal with others and save you the "grief"...LOL