Home Sports Talk
Options

Are the Cardinals for real?

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

They lost a home game last night against a packers team missing their top 3 wide receivers.

the top 3.

shouldnt they have won rather handily? especially at home?

Murray played poorly as well. he is so tiny. he seems to get knocked over fairly easily. they list him at 5'10" no way. I bet that guy isnt any taller than 5'7" he is tiny.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s tough to go without a loss, they lost by a FG and a late interception. If they squeaked it out everyone would be thinking Super Bowl contender. A Thursday night loss on short rest? They will be fine in my opinion

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2021 6:47AM

if A.J. Green had any clue what play was called, Murray would've thrown the game-winning TD and we'd having a different discussion this morning.

that said, KM did not have his greatest game. but i ascribe that to the Packers, not him. Green Bay is a very good team, and that was an impressive road victory with a depleted roster. say what you want about Rodgers, but the guy is one of the best in the game. he was masterful last night. he knew he didn't have much to work with, thus he took what the defense gave him and minimized risk throughout the game. i know a lot of people don't like him, but if you watched that game objectively then you have to walk away impressed.

back to Murray. were it not for Green's gaffe, he would have engineered three straight 2nd-half double-digit-play drives down the length of the field that resulted in touchdowns.........with the last one culminating in a dubya. all of that when he didn't have his #1 guy at his disposal. so even though he didn't have his greatest of games, he most certainly didn't play poorly when you really break it down. he put his team in a position to win a game against a legit Super Bowl contender, and frankly it should have happened.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought it was a good game. Both teams will be in the playoffs.

• Options

serious question for anyone who watched the Buffalo-Tennessee & Green Bay-Arizona games as intently as i did.....

what was the recurring theme in the 4th quarter of those games?

these two eyes saw 4 playoff teams with 4 offenses that can blow up and down the field. it all boiled down to who could make that one stop on defense when it mattered most, and that was ultimately the difference in each game. the Titans got one, and they won. the Packers got one, and they won.

in the year 2021 it's all about the offenses in the minds of virtually everyone, but when the dust settles and the Lombardi is hoisted, it's gonna be by the team with the most formidable defense come Jan & Feb

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    serious question for anyone who watched the Buffalo-Tennessee & Green Bay-Arizona games as intently as i did.....

these two eyes saw 4 playoff teams with 4 offenses that can blow up and down the field. it all boiled down to who could make that one stop on defense when it mattered most, and that was ultimately the difference in each game. the Titans got one, and they won. the Packers got one, and they won.

in the year 2021 it's all about the offenses in the minds of virtually everyone, but when the dust settles and the Lombardi is hoisted, it's gonna be by the team with the most formidable defense come Jan & Feb

Or the team that gets the ball last.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

Or the team that gets the ball last.

yep, if no one can make a stop. which is entirely possible. :D

i do not envy any player who plays on the defensive side of the ball in today's NFL.........you're basically standing in front of a moving train

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

look at the SB last year. TB pass rush blew up Mahomes. led to a blowout.

I wonder what kind of D the big tuna could dial up now. would be fun to see

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

craig44 wrote: "Murray played poorly as well. he is so tiny. he seems to get knocked over fairly easily. they list him at 5'10" no way. I bet that guy isnt any taller than 5'7" he is tiny."

I agree! It was my first game watching Murray. He is tiny! It almost seems like he has to lean back and launch the ball really high just to get it over the defenders. He must have a tough time just seeing his receivers. I prefer a tall QB.

• Options

@charliej2356 said:
    craig44 wrote: "Murray played poorly as well. he is so tiny. he seems to get knocked over fairly easily. they list him at 5'10" no way. I bet that guy isnt any taller than 5'7" he is tiny."

I agree! It was my first game watching Murray. He is tiny! It almost seems like he has to lean back and launch the ball really high just to get it over the defenders. He must have a tough time just seeing his receivers. I prefer a tall QB.

I’d prefer a prototypical QB like say 6 foot 2+ as well but I do think at times a smaller QB like Murray is hard to see and he can benefit from that.

• Options
    edited October 29, 2021 7:45AM

i don't know where the stats lie today, but thru the first 7 weeks Murray was the most accurate passer in the league. that's borderline supernatural considering his height.

i watched Houston-Arizona last week and Adam Archuleta was calling the game. he said he had no earthly idea how Murray does it, because when he played safety he had a very difficult time seeing beyond the line of scrimmage..............and he's 6'1"

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i don't know where the stats lie today, but thru the first 7 weeks Murray was the most accurate passer in the league. that's borderline supernatural considering his height.

i watched Houston-Arizona last week and Adam Archuleta was calling the game. he said he had no earthly idea how Murray does it, because when he played safety he had a very difficult time seeing beyond the line of scrimmage..............and he's 6'1"

It’s crazy but there is some merit to not being able to be seen as a QB

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

He’s 6’1” stretched out on a rack in a weightless environment.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Marquise Brown listed at 5’10” standing next to Murray.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@galaxy27 said:

He’s 6’1” stretched out on a rack in a weightless environment.

you think he lied about his height on the broadcast? I have no clue how tall he is.....I just remember him being a pretty good player for the Rams

• Options

dueces I think you misread my comment

Archuleta said HE is 6'1"

Murray isn't 6'1" with high heels on

• Options

@2dueces said:

quite a difference there. if you take the hair style out of it, there is at least 3 inches of difference there. most guys fudge height, especially NBA guys. I wonder if Brown is really 5'9"?

Murray is so tiny. it looks odd seeing him out there. like a little boy. He may be one of the shortest NFL players I have ever seen. He looks about the same size as darren sproles out there.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    dueces I think you misread my comment

Archuleta said HE is 6'1"

Murray isn't 6'1" with high heels on

My bad. I saw he’s 6’1”, on a soap box with Tom Cruise. 😂

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2021 9:17AM

@craig44 said:

@2dueces said:

quite a difference there. if you take the hair style out of it, there is at least 3 inches of difference there. most guys fudge height, especially NBA guys. I wonder if Brown is really 5'9"?

Murray is so tiny. it looks odd seeing him out there. like a little boy. He may be one of the shortest NFL players I have ever seen. He looks about the same size as darren sproles out there.

Nolan Smith comes to mind. 5’6”?

OMG. I just looked it up. Nolan Smith is 78 years old !! Im old. Really, really old. Remember him for the movie “Mash”

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

And if you notice, his seat is half way down causing him to stand closer to the camera than anybody else making him seem even taller............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Did he not attend a PRO DAY workout?? I'm sure they measure height, weight and basically everything else.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:
    Did he not attend a PRO DAY workout?? I'm sure they measure height, weight and basically everything else.

AFAIK, they didn't do his height at pro day. But at the combine, he was supposedly just over 5'10"

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a still shot after the game last night. Rodgers is listed at for 6'2" for comparison. 5'10" might be plausible for Murray based on this, I don't know. Murray is hunched down a bit, but also has the foreground perspective in his favor.

• Options

• Options
    edited October 30, 2021 5:24AM

no way on earth that cat is sniffing 5'10"

just look at him on the field, smallest guy there. not just short, tiny.

its often that pro athletes fudge their height/weight. they do it in basketball all the time.

• Options

@craig44 said:

its often that pro athletes fudge their height/weight. they do it in basketball all the time.

I agree that he looks smaller. Either way, he seems able to succeed at the pro level.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

I agree that he looks smaller. Either way, he seems able to succeed at the pro level.

He is an elite QB in my opinion

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

• Options

Don’t you guys worry that the nagging injuries are gonna catch up with him? How many times can he get hit or have 300 lb guys falling on him? I know you can say that about every QB but he is at risk more because if his scrambling

W.C.Fields
  • Options

afaik, he actually doesn't get hit an inordinate amount. He also knows when and how to get down or out of bounds.

• Options

I have always felt that smaller athletes age out quicker. I think they have to use max effort most of the time to succeed and it is harder on their bodies. I think Altuve will be that way too. Pedroia always seemed that way as well.