Home Sports Talk
Options

feel terrible for JJ

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watt, that is. finally gets out of here and goes to a legit team, only to get to hurt again. looks to be lost for the season (shoulder).

truly a good egg. did a LOT for the community here in Houston

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is definitely the Mike Trout of the NFL, although McCaffrey is giving him a run for his money.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is a absolutely a great guy from everything I’ve always read about him but like DD said he just always gets hurt.

I’m not surprised at all he is out for the year.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

man, that is a shame. some guys, while very strong, are just not built for the long haul.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    He is definitely the Mike Trout of the NFL, although McCaffrey is giving him a run for his money.

Sean Lee of the Cowboys comes to mind also. The guy was a great linebacker and a possible hof'er had he stayed healthy.

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

Sean Lee of the Cowboys comes to mind also. The guy was a great linebacker and a possible hof'er had he stayed healthy.

100% agreed

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

100% agreed

A lot of people who watched Lee play, including myself, feel as though he would have been a first ballot HOFer. If not for all the injuries that is.

For anyone who hasn't seen him much...
    https://youtu.be/3MbB4eHpOcw

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

100% agreed

A lot of people who watched Lee play, including myself, feel as though he would have been a first ballot HOFer. If not for all the injuries that is.

He was a beast for sure

• Options

Damn he don’t mess around when it comes to injuring himself, WTH, he is literally just too strong for his own muscles and tendons…

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/28/report-j-j-watt-tore-bicep-labrum-and-rotator-cuff/amp/

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

100% agreed

He was a beast for sure

There are a lot of reasons that the Cowboys never get over the hump. One of them is poor drafting. Actually, their drafting has improved, which might explain where they are now. But in general, since I moved here in 2006 and started following them, it is terrible. One of their signature poor moves is taking an injured/injury prone/or behavioral issue guy that falls in the draft. I'm talking about those guys that "would have been first round or even top 15" but everyone passes on until the Cowboys reach for him. One example is Sean Lee. Another is jaylon Smith. One of these that is finally paying dividends is Randy Gregory. They took him late in the 2nd round, I think in 2015. He is the guy that almost killed Mac Jones with the hit from Mac's right side. Gregory was projected as a top 5 pick as recently as the year he was drafted. Gregory has been suspended 4 times. The new marijuana laws mean guys like him can thrive.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

100% agreed

He was a beast for sure

There are a lot of reasons that the Cowboys never get over the hump. One of them is poor drafting. Actually, their drafting has improved, which might explain where they are now. But in general, since I moved here in 2006 and started following them, it is terrible. One of their signature poor moves is taking an injured/injury prone/or behavioral issue guy that falls in the draft. I'm talking about those guys that "would have been first round or even top 15" but everyone passes on until the Cowboys reach for him. One example is Sean Lee. Another is jaylon Smith. One of these that is finally paying dividends is Randy Gregory. They took him late in the 2nd round, I think in 2015. He is the guy that almost killed Mac Jones with the hit from Mac's right side. Gregory was projected as a top 5 pick as recently as the year he was drafted. Gregory has been suspended 4 times. The new marijuana laws mean guys like him can thrive.

It’s crazy how far Jaylon Smith fell off the map

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone in Arizona was gaga when they signed JJ. Don’t get me wrong in his prime he was a terror. But since 2016 he’s missed 38 games due to injury. Not counting this year with a 38 out of 80 games is almost half the possible games. Now 11 more. 2 years $28M contract.
    Ok I’m a Debby Downer for all you JJ fans but they could’ve signed 2 really good players and still had money for an Offensive lineman. The NFL is a league of attrition. You’re only as good as your whole roster. If the back ups fall off to nothing, Dallas last year because of huge wasted contracts, Seattle because Geno Smith?, well trouble follows you.

I’m not going to go into huge details but I like the way the Bills built their team. A few key players for big money and a lunch box supporting cast. 9 DL and 9 OL. None paid huge. One of the best journeyman’s safety combo in the league. Back ups win championships. $28M for half a season doesn’t

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

a guy that comes to my mind is Bob Sanders who used to play for the colts in the 00's. great dominant defender in the secondary. an Ed Reed type, just could not stay healthy. I think he only had maybe two full seasons and if memory serves, i think he won a defensive player of the year award

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.