HAHA

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good I hope they win the lawsuit.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

They will collect a few dollars then go away.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Win the lawsuit - Indians back to staying the Indians - all will be well. If MLB has no problem with the "Braves", and their fans doing the Tomahawk Chop, then it should have no problems with the name "Indians" !

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

word has it that the Cleveland baseball team was actually named after a player from my neck of the woods, Louis Sockalexis. One of the first Native American ball players. sadly, he was out of the league after just a few seasons due to alcohol abuse. He was a member of the Penobscot tribe. they still have a reservation not far from me and Louis is still spoken of fondly.

as a side note, it was fairly well publicized here when the Cleveland name change was hot news, that the vast, vast majority of the Penobscot tribe looked at the old Cleveland nickname as a tribute as opposed to being racially insensitive.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am offended.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Good I hope they win the lawsuit.

I seem to remember that when the Los Angeles Angels moved out of L.A. and became the California Angels there was someone who had previously copyrighted(?) the name "California Angels." He sued and got some money and went away. Obviously, that was his plan all along.

• Options
    edited October 28, 2021 5:05PM

@Alfonz24 said:
    [ I am offended.]

Well go stand in the corner with the other 5 people that are causing a stir about the Indians name! :D . And once again, the few dictate the lives of many!

EDIT: @Alfonz24 - I knew you were kidding I just was relating to the small group at the Indians games that were "protesting" the name.

• Options
    FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭

Make love, not war. The MLB franchise should just buy the rights to the term “steamers”. Then gift it to the roller derby team and just give them the “Cleveland Steamers”.

• Options

@Flux said:
    Make love, not war. The MLB franchise should just buy the rights to the term “steamers”. Then gift it to the roller derby team and just give them the “Cleveland Steamers”.

But these are "Steamers" - usually a Boston term pronounced "Steemas" -

• Options
    FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@Flux said:

But these are "Steamers" - usually a Boston term pronounced "Steemas" -

I like Legal’s Steemas.