Home Sports Talk

Marshawn Lynch drank Hennessy before games

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Marshawn Lynch had an interesting pregame ritual that he did before every game he played in.

Marshawn Lynch Admits He Used to Drink Hennessy As Part Of Pregame Ritual

Only a few days removed from “Iron Mike” Tyson’s admission that he smoked marijuana before his fight with Roy Jones, Jr., NFL running back Marshawn Lynch shared an interesting pregame ritual of his, too.

On ESPN’s “Peyton’s Places,” host Peyton Manning and Lynch discussed superstitions and the 2X Super Bowl champion quarterback said he liked to read the programs before every game, front to back. But when prompted for a superstition of his own, Beast Mode gave an inquisitive response: “My superstition was that I needed to have maybe a shot … a shot and half… before every game.”

For better clarification, Manning asked him, “Of [what]?”

And he promptly told Manning, “Hennessy! Whatchu mean ‘Of [what]?’”

Now, for all his usual candor, the admission would be a very daring one since the league has had a longstanding policy banning the use of alcohol on any NFL premises, including champagne in the locker room to celebrate the Super Bowl.

But while he may be one of the more colorful players in recent times, Lynch is certainly not unique when it comes to loosening up with a drink or two before a game, nor is the practice new. That list stretches back to include names like Josh Gordon, Hall of Famer Ken “The Snake” Stabler, and Clinton Portis, who himself partook of the “brown juice” before games.

Appropriately, Manning followed up with Lynch about all the fines he’s incurred over the course of his career. The All-Star running back is notorious for his hefty penalties, including having paid more than $130K during the 2014 season and as much as $110,661 for one single incident in 2017. Beast Mode even joked that it got to the point where he received invoices instead of receiving letters for his fines.

But Lynch doesn’t have to worry -– at least all those fines are tax deductible.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe him, I think. Lol.

I got no problem with it either way

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2021 3:47PM

The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant was shooting Chardonnay through her nose after that Lynch comment. After she settled down, Brady came on and made the remark about, "The white lady stalker." That's when she completely lost it and her plate of meatloaf, corn and home fries with gravey hit the floor! After that... I tucked her into bed. When she woke up this morning....... at 10:30.......her first words?........"Those boys are FUNNY!". ......I AGREE!

edited October 26, 2021 3:48PM

O.k. The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant just walked into the room. She says, "The problem with those football announcers is that they spend all their whole time talking about how good the players are. Can't we just watch the game?"......... I AGREE!

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

And Skittles, Marshawn Lynch also loves Skittles!

And.......last night The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant said, "I've learned more about football tonight listening to those guys than I ever knew. Can't we just watch the game without all the B.S.?"
    ....... the girl loves football and she's right....I think the Peyton Boys format is REVOLUTIONARY!

I think Wade Boggs used to fist fight chickens before every game.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant was shooting Chardonnay through her nose after that Lynch comment. After she settled down, Brady came on and made the remark about, "The white lady stalker." That's when she completely lost it and her plate of home fries with gravey hit the floor! After that... I tucked her into bed. When she woke up this morning....... at 10:30.......her first words?........"Those boys are FUNNY!". ......I AGREE!

@Hydrant said:

O.k. The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant just walked into the room. She says, "The problem with those football announcers is that they spend all their whole time talking about how good the players are. Can't we just watch the game?"......... I AGREE!

@Hydrant said:

And.......last night The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant said, "I've learned more about football tonight listening to those guys than I ever knew. Can't we just watch the game without all the B.S.?"
    ....... the girl loves football and she's right....I think the Peyton Boys format is REVOLUTIONARY!

Galaxy......I've tried to explain it the best way I can. Bottom line......all her photos are copyrighted and the "Agency" has a very strict policy concerning unauthorized distribution.

edited October 26, 2021 4:36PM

Here's the deal. The first game that the Lovely Mrs. Hydrant and I attended together was a Rams/Cowboys game . NFL Championship. She was the future Lovely Mrs. Hydrant at the time.. A mere child of 18. Someone gifted her 2 tickets down low on the 50 yard line. How did that happen? I didn't ask. She's real low key like that.
    Anyway, we get to the game and people kept taking pictures of her and asking for her autograph. I thought it was all about me but she set me straight about that. It was a night game and back in the day of flash bulbs and it was really hard on her eyeballs. Not to mention
    writers cramp. So,....aside from her being the best cook?, YEA! , in the world, she's a financial genius. If total strangers were taking pictures of her she wanted to make money off of it. That's when she decided to contact "The Agency." It's worked out real well.

Well, this thread certainly did turn out to be interesting, not as interesting as the Joe Buck pee thread, but interesting nevertheless.

Joe Buck pee thread?........do tell.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Here's the deal. The first game that the Lovely Mrs. Hydrant and I attended together was a Rams/Cowboys game . NFL Championship. She was the future Lovely Mrs. Hydrant at the time.. A mere child of 18. Someone gifted her 2 tickets down low on the 50 yard line. How did that happen? I didn't ask. She's real low key like that.
    Anyway, we get to the game and people kept taking pictures of her and asking for her autograph. I thought it was all about me but she set me straight about that. It was a night game and back in the day of flash bulbs and it was really hard on her eyeballs. Not to mention
    writers cramp. So,....aside from her being the best cook?, YEA! , in the world, she's a financial genius. If total strangers were taking pictures of her she wanted to make money off of it. That's when she decided to contact "The Agency." It's worked out real well.

@galaxy27 just take some aspirin and lie down. Your heart will slow down in an hour or so.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

didn't he also drink 130 beers on a cross country flight?

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

didn't he also drink 130 beers on a cross country flight?

I remember it as him eating chicken, not fighting it. And I just looked up the beers. It's 64. Though he claims t have gone over 100 in other settings.

By the Grace of God I quit drinking long ago.
    But I still eat chicken.

I am sure you are right. I was just remembering the Always Sunny episode where they tried to recreate Boggs' feat.

either way, that is a LOT of beer!!

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2021 6:45PM

Andre Alot?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love Marshawn Lynch. Pro sports could use more Marshawn Lynch's

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......