Home Sports Talk
Options

After 7 weeks it’s official. NFL news

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not that there has been any question in the past few years. The NFL is a QB driven league to the extent that if you whiff on a QB you have zero chance to win. For this unfortunate fan bases of the have nots it will be a long season or maybe seasons.
Shall we have a look? Division leaders
Buffalo
Raiders
Chargers
Bengals
Ravens
Titans
Cowboys
Cardinals
Rams
Packers
Bucs

The only two teams that somewhat buck the trend are the Titans and Chiefs.
The Titans have Henry to make up for Tannehill even though he ranks in the top half of the league.
Mahomes is definitely an elite QB but he can’t mask the league’s worst defense any longer. Of course the Chiefs are far from done.
So you fans of others, hopefully your young QB , Mac Jones, Daniel Jones, Jalen Hurts will take the leap. This year’s draft class of QB’s is not a great one but maybe a diamond in the rough is waiting.

PS. This is not a revelation that is news to anyone

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mac's looking shinier by the week.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

I refuse to think the Raiders are legit other than that I agree with the teams listed

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I refuse to think the Raiders are legit other than that I agree with the teams listed

Maybe not but Derrick Carr is putting up very impressive #’s. Last night 31-34. I read he was on a historical pace. He may fall off but as of 7 weeks the Raiders are in first place.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Mac has played fantastic for a Rookie through 7 games. first 300 yard game yesterday.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Not that there has been any question in the past few years. The NFL is a QB driven league to the extent that if you whiff on a QB you have zero chance to win. For this unfortunate fan bases of the have nots it will be a long season or maybe seasons.
    Shall we have a look? Division leaders
    Buffalo
    Raiders
    Chargers
    Bengals
    Ravens
    Titans
    Cowboys
    Cardinals
    Rams
    Packers
    Bucs

The only two teams that somewhat buck the trend are the Titans and Chiefs.
    The Titans have Henry to make up for Tannehill even though he ranks in the top half of the league.
    Mahomes is definitely an elite QB but he can’t mask the league’s worst defense any longer. Of course the Chiefs are far from done.
    So you fans of others, hopefully your young QB , Mac Jones, Daniel Jones, Jalen Hurts will take the leap. This year’s draft class of QB’s is not a great one but maybe a diamond in the rough is waiting.

PS. This is not a revelation that is news to anyone

So far, this season, Mahomes is not an elite QB. currently 15th in passer rating and leading the league in interceptions.

He still has time to turn it around, but to this point, no.

• Options

@craig44 Agreed. Mahomes is not playing like an elite QB but many would still take him to start a franchise.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2021 6:01AM

About Mahomes though, he is running for his life with that crappy offensive line not protecting him. Their running game is awful, they somehow think Darrell Williams is good lol

• Options

@perkdog said:
    About Mahomes though, he is running for his life with that crappy offensive line not protecting him. Their running game is awful, they somehow think Darrell Williams is good lol

That’s the funny part about this whole conversation. The Chiefs dismantled an OL that got them to back to back Super Bowls and called it an upgrade.
    Sometimes teams out smart themselves

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I agree they need to scheme around the poor OL. more 2 tight end sets comes to mind. the problem is, when that happens, the game is no longer a track meet and KC cant run the ball.

I remember this summer when a few posters were bragging about the new OL that Veach had put together to make sure what happened in the SB didnt happen again... they spent that money without addressing the dreadful defense or running game. I have said all along that eventually, with Pattys huge contract, there will not be enough money to go around.

• Options

this is why dynasties are so rare. In a salary capped league, it is so terribly difficult to keep a team winning championships year in and year out.

I guess that is why there has only been 4 dynasties in the super bowl era.

• Options

Everyone has to have a QB. That’s a given. If you find one pay him. But when you start dishing out these huge contracts to DL, LB, LT you diminish your opportunity to acquire quality back ups. A good lunch pail team goes a long way.
    Chiefs have two over paid DL. Paddy’s salary, Kelse, Hill. Just not enough money to go around

W.C.Fields