Home Sports Talk
Options

Universal Truth (in all sports)

You're never as good as you look when you're winning, or as bad as you look when you're losing. See today's NFL scores for a good example or two. For that matter, check the NFL scores just about any week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LE2xXQwbWQ

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know, the Jets look pretty bad today. Regardless that it’s my Patriots that beat them they are just a horrible football team.

I can get behind this but there are some exceptions.

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

I think the Ravens gettin' blown out today (at home) is the best example. Few saw that coming.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Panthers are starting to give the Jets a run for their money, losing to the 1-5 Giants today, that makes four straight losses. Well, at least we did manage to put up 3 points today, I am happy about that.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the most part, yes. Over a large enough sample size a team will show it's true colors. But time means change, and that throws things off too.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

in the NFL today most Teams are pretty equal. there are about 6-7 Teams that are just lacking talent but the rest are close. the difference can be coaching, 1-2 players the way the schedule is arranged and then just how each game progresses from start to finish.

you might not agree with that, but how else do you explain seemingly unbeatable opponents losing easily?? I have seen games turn on only a few plays.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the Panthers have certainly shown their true colors here lately.

First three games...

Last four games...

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

YOU CAN'T TEACH SPEED****

Have a nice day
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

upsets can and usually do happen every week. Ravens lost this week, Rams lost a few weeks ago. every team has a bad day, except for one back in the 70's!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:

Sure you can.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@streeter said:

Sure you can.

You are completely wrong buster. All you can teach is the ability to go a little faster but pure speed is in your genes or it is not.
    Weights, iso, diet, ergnomics are great. Mickey Mantle, Bo Jackson, Usain Bolt. Had it.
    The pros draft speed. Not the potential to make someone a little faster.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:

@Tabe said:

@streeter said:

Sure you can.

You are completely wrong buster. All you can teach is the ability to go a little faster but pure speed is in your genes or it is not.
    Weights, iso, diet, ergnomics are great. Mickey Mantle, Bo Jackson, Usain Bolt. Had it.
    The pros draft speed. Not the potential to make someone a little faster.

You literally confirmed what I said. If you can't teach speed, why do sprinters have coaches? Why do runners get faster when they practice? Because you can teach speed, buster.