Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How is the Pro Football Hall of Fame Rookie Players Set List determined? Choices seem arbitrary.

I've been looking through the PSA Pro Football Hall of Fame Rookie Players Set List and am wondering how some of the designated "rookie" cards have been determined.

For example, in 1990 the set claims that Junior Seau's RC is the 1990 Action Packed card. However, it also claims that Emmitt Smith's RC that year is the Score Supplemental. Both players are in both sets, which common sense would seem to dictate that the same set would be chosen for the RC.

Are the options for RC just randomly chosen from among the players cards of their first year or is there more substantial criteria that is being used to create this list?

Comments

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2021 9:43AM

Perhaps not as arbitrary as your forum choice. This is the "U.S. Coin Forum". Why not give the "Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum" a shot with your inquiry?

• Options
    jwolfe890jwolfe890 Posts: 5
    edited October 24, 2021 9:55AM

The interface is not very user friendly. It will not allow me to ask questions on that forum. It seems to want all new people to ask questions on the coin forum.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only time "Football" should ever be mentioned on this Coin Forum ...

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwolfe890 said:
    The interface is not very user friendly. It will not allow me to ask questions on that forum.

Reminds me of an old joke

A man was walking down the street on a dark night when he saw a drunk looking for something underneath a streetlight. He went over and asked the drunk, "what are you looking for?"
    "My car keys" said the drunk
    The man decided to help but after 15 minutes he was ready to give up
    "I don't see them anywhere. Are you sure you lost them here?"
    "No" said the drunk, "I lost them on the other side of the parking lot, but the light is better here."

The chances of finding somebody who can answer your question on the coin forum is about the same as finding someone on the card forum who can confirm the VAM number of a Morgan dollar. It's possible, but not very likely.

Best bet is to Contact the moderators when they come back tomorrow

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    jwolfe890jwolfe890 Posts: 5
    edited October 24, 2021 10:01AM

I'd delete this post, but I don't have the option. On a side not, the interface is absolutely horrendous for new members.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file