Home Sports Talk

Hardly a peep out of you Boston fans regarding this article

Comments

• charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

The final sentence of the article speaks volumes about Boston fans:

"That said, let's just be happy Masse wasn't wearing a Yankees hat with his Habs sweater ... and that no one decided to take a piss on him, either."

Cat got your tongue, perkdog?

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

with all the articles/videos posted of fights between spectators at MLB-NFL games recently, I have no desire to attend any sporting event anywhere. Team rivalries and fan excitement is one thing, why would you fight because of what someone says about "your Team" or the shirt they're wearing?? that's just stupid.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@charliej2356 said:
    Cat got your tongue, perkdog?

I mean the article is from 2008, sorry I’m not really researching stuff from 2008 really.

Was this you in the article that got roughed up back then? Are you still harboring anger from that? I’m sorry that happened to you.

Perkdog: I didn't ask you to "research stuff from 2008" -- I expected you to comment on the pathetic light in which Boston fans are cast by the article. You're slow, bud, really slow.

@charliej2356 said:
    Perkdog: I didn't ask you to "research stuff from 2008" -- I expected you to comment on the pathetic light in which Boston fans are cast by the article. You're slow, bud, really slow.

What do you want me to tell you? An incident from 2008 happened, yea it sucks that someone got brutally attacked but that’s like trying to detail every incident that happened at a game in any city and labeling the fans as monsters, I think in LA a guy got shot outside the park if I remember correctly.

These things happen. So do I think Boston fans are exempt from committing violence? No Ofcourse not. Do I think they are the worst? I don’t know. If you do then that’s fine, you have the right to think anything you want.

I’m just having fun with you, but you keep going with the personal insults which is fine but I don’t do the keyboard warrior stuff.

You tell me your 6’3 and 215? So your tall and kind of skinny, I’m 5’9 200. I promise you I’ve dealt with plenty of guys your size on the street and in my 20 years working in a state prison, I’ve won a few and lost a few it’s no big deal.

I’m not shaking in my boots I hate to break it to you so maybe we can just carry on with some joking around over sports talk and save the fake tough guy talk.

Fair enough, perkdog. We won't make the world a better place by exchanging jabs -- and so I won't continue questioning you about Boston fans. In the meantime, we can both continue to watch and enjoy sports.

Later Dog,
    Charlie

@charliej2356 said:
    Fair enough, perkdog. We won't make the world a better place by exchanging jabs -- and so I won't continue questioning you about Boston fans. In the meantime, we can both continue to watch and enjoy sports.

Later Dog,
    Charlie

Sounds good bud, enjoy the games today! 🍻

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to comment on this but seeing that I'm currently the forum's Celtics & Patriots spokesperson and this article is about altercations at both a Red Sox and Bruins game, unfortunately I can't. Sorry. B)

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would also like to comment on this, but I've been in so many fights around here lately I better not. I will say this though, perkdog is a legend around here, and a great guy and I've never seen him start trouble with anyone, he's usually the first person to help make peace when a fight breaks out on the forum.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2021 8:44AM

@perkdog said:

@charliej2356 said:

What do you want me to tell you? An incident from 2008 happened, yea it sucks that someone got brutally attacked but that’s like trying to detail every incident that happened at a game in any city and labeling the fans as monsters, I think in LA a guy got shot outside the park if I remember correctly.

These things happen. So do I think Boston fans are exempt from committing violence? No Ofcourse not. Do I think they are the worst? I don’t know. If you do then that’s fine, you have the right to think anything you want.

I’m just having fun with you, but you keep going with the personal insults which is fine but I don’t do the keyboard warrior stuff.

You tell me your 6’3 and 215? So your tall and kind of skinny, I’m 5’9 200. I promise you I’ve dealt with plenty of guys your size on the street and in my 20 years working in a state prison, I’ve won a few and lost a few it’s no big deal.

I’m not shaking in my boots I hate to break it to you so maybe we can just carry on with some joking around over sports talk and save the fake tough guy talk.

Well said Paul. What's the point of posting about some nutjob Bruins fan who put a beat down on some guy who wore a jersey? Was it wrong, hell yeah!! Heckle and talk trash, but when it comes to physical stuff, it has no place in sports anywhere. I hope the Bruins whacko got banned.

Does that incident really describe all New England sports fans? Of course not. I have seen a couple of incidents at Fenway after a night game, but the guys in Yankee gear (had way too many beers), was running his mouth, yelling unprintable stuff, and he paid for it. All these are isolated incidences that probably happen in most, if not all ball parks or sports venues.

Better we all just try to enjoy each others company. Life's a short ride, lets just dump the personal insult crap.

I think we are all good, I appreciate the nice comments fellas, we got a good group here and adding @charliej2356 to the mix is going to be a good thing.