Home Sports Talk
Options

Lakers are frustrated, fighting eachother

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lakers teammates Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard going at each other.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Davis is great; but only for 55 games a season. Always misses crucial time. A miracle he was healthy and won 2 years ago.

• Options

My friends, I'm calling it now..... Nothing but has beens, ball hoggers, egos, elderly injuries.... If you're a Laker's fan..... This is not what you want! It ain't going to work

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rajon Rondo also got into it with a fan during this game and the fan ended up getting tossed by security.

• Options

Magic Johnson has tweeted about this incident.

NBA World Reacts To What Magic Johnson Said About Lakers

On Friday night, the Los Angeles Lakers made headlines for all the wrong reasons in a loss to the Phoenix Suns.

Star big men Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard were caught on video yelling at each other during the game. It’s unclear what the issue was, but the two were very unhappy with each other.

Following the game, Lakers legend Earvin Magic Johnson took to Twitter with a message for the team. “Dwight Howard and AD got into a physical altercation on the bench. In my 42 years of being associated with the Lakers organization, I’ve never seen something like that. Smh,” Johnson said.

But that’s not all.

Just a few minutes before, he had a blunt message for the Lakers as a whole. “The Lakers have a team issue and a basketball issue,” he said.

Of course, that illicit plenty of response from fans. Several fans were hoping he would come out of retirement and be the team’s new point guard.

“Come back and play pg for us,” one fan said.

Other fans are preaching patience because it’s only been two games.

The Lakers have opened the season with two-straight losses and a scuffle between two of the team’s players.

It’s not a great beginning to the 2021-22 season in which the Lakers were one of the favorites to win the NBA title.

Can LeBron and company turn this around?

• Options

This scandal is missing something, but what? Ah yes, Urban Meyer and his hookers. 🤔

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing these two go at each other just two games into the season had me wondering if there might have been an underlying issue between these two going back to the 2019-20 season. LA won the championship that season then Howard decided to go sign with the 76ers as a backup center for roughly the same money LA paid him rather than re-sign with the Lakers and help defend their title. Then this past offseason Lebron comes calling and wants to get the band back together and Howard signs for the same salary he got for each of the previous two seasons (2.5Mish).
    It just seemed odd that he didn't leave for more money or more playing time and it wasn't about winning another ring because LA's chances of repeating were much greater than the 76ers winning. Regardless of the reasons, lucky for us that we get to watch that team implode so soon. ;)

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best part of the story is "0-2"

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Rajon Rondo also got into it with a fan during this game and the fan ended up getting tossed by security.

Did the fan have a water bottle with him? If so, those can be dangerous.🤣