Home Sports Talk
Options

ARod verbally bombarded at Fenway during pre game.

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

You gotta know ARod is despised in Boston, why on earth would he sit with David Ortiz, who is revered in Boston, only to be verbally pelted with F-bombs? As I read it, the fans around the mini stage were chanting "J-LO, J-LO, J-LO", then it went to** "F-ARod, F-ARod, F-Arod".

ARod continued to spew his nonsense about the game, like he was some baseball sage. Surely he heard the jabs, but tried to ignore them.

Why on earth was he there, and what did he add to the pre game show? NADA

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2021 7:00AM

Good, he doesn’t deserve anything less

I can understand him being in the booth with Big Papi during the Sox and Yankees playoff game but that’s it

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, should he really expect anything different? He does have a bit of a history with Boston.

Maybe they should put him in a booth with Veritek

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know the "History" with Boston and ARod, but there should come a time when the fans set things aside.

• Options

@keets said:
    I don't know the "History" with Boston and ARod, but there should come a time when the fans set things aside.

Sorry your either a piece of 💩 or your not.

Why give out free passes?

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't care for A-rod, never have.

• Options

Im sorry, but trying to literally slap the ball out of a pitchers hand when covering 1st is a completely "pop tart" move.

He is just so unlikable. great player, but good grief. dare i say the aaron rodgers of the MLB?

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

am I correct in assuming that's directed at ARod?? like I said, I don't know the "Histort" involved.

• Options

@keets said:

am I correct in assuming that's directed at ARod?? like I said, I don't know the "Histort" involved.

Ofcourse I’m talking about Arod lol

• Options

@keets said:

Red Sox have been and always will have nothing but total disdain for the Yankees. As for ARod, he is indeed hated in Boston and throughout New England...there is plenty of history, the fans will never set things aside when it concerns him. He's nothing but a clown, and PED user...let us not forget he got banned for a year for cheating with drugs. Why ESPN uses him, or whomever hired him to do his little chirp chirp in Fenway should know better. They had to do a lot of bleeping.

I agree with Perkdog's comments.

Note that Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter ALWAYS get standing ovations in Fenway. ALWAYS!

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I mean, should he really expect anything different? He does have a bit of a history with Boston.

Maybe they should put him in a booth with Veritek

How about a boxing ring instead of a booth?

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should have been a Red Sox:

Following the ALCS loss to the Yankees, which, of course, ended with Aaron Boone’s dramatic 11th-inning walk-off homer in Game 7, then-Boston general manager Theo Epstein was looking for that final piece of the puzzle and felt Rodriguez just might be it.

The problem was that A.Rod still had seven years and $179 million remaining on his contract, which the Red Sox didn’t want to take on. However, as trade talks between the Rangers and Red Sox began to heat up, Rodriguez agreed to lower his yearly salary by four million bucks in exchange for the opportunity to opt out of the deal every season after 2005. There was also the matter of what the Red Sox would do with shortstop Nomar Garciaparra as that’s the position A.Rod was still playing at the time.

But, as he does, Epstein was able to figure everything out and got the Chicago White Sox involved. Once all was said and done, the Red Sox would have gotten Rodriguez from the Rangers and All-Star outfielder Magglio Ordonez and right-handed pitcher Brandon McCarthy from the White Sox while sending Manny Ramirez and then-19-year-old Jon Lester to Texas and Nomar and a reliever to the Windy City.

With all of the pieces in place, Rodriguez, the Rangers, the Red Sox, and the White Sox all agreed to the trade, which simply should be astonishing given everything we know now. But the deal had one final hurdle to clear, that being approval from the Major League Baseball Players Association.

That hurdle obviously wasn’t cleared.

Citing concerns over how Rodriguez’s altered contract was structured, the MLBPA rejected the deal as it felt it opened the door to future situations in which teams might attempt to find ways around paying players.

As mentioned, the Red Sox weren’t interested in taking on A.Rod’s full salary, and while talks continued for a short time, they eventually died.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

I've been to Fenway, been to Philly, been to Mets games, been to Yankee games. Boston fans are THE WORST -- they think they're clever, they think they're funny, they usually scream out PERSONAL insults at the opposing players. I wouldn't go to a sporting event in Boston even if I won an all-expenses-paid trip! And I always enjoy reading about some Boston fan who got punched in the face during a game -- he most likely deserved the beating.

• Options

@charliej2356 said:
    I've been to Fenway, been to Philly, been to Mets games, been to Yankee games. Boston fans are THE WORST -- they think they're clever, they think they're funny, they usually scream out PERSONAL insults at the opposing players. I wouldn't go to a sporting event in Boston even if I won an all-expenses-paid trip! And I always enjoy reading about some Boston fan who got punched in the face during a game -- he most likely deserved the beating.

We dont "think" we are clever or funny, we know it!!

just ask A-Rod.

• Options

craig44 wrote:"We dont "think" we are clever or funny, we know it!!"

Thank you -- you put an "exclamation mark" on my posting. BTW, please elaborate on the taste of a knuckle sandwich and the expenses incurred of removing that taste.

• Options

Here's the theme song for Boston Sports Fans ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA7KYvaoltQ

• Options

@charliej2356 said:
    craig44 wrote:"We dont "think" we are clever or funny, we know it!!"

Thank you -- you put an "exclamation mark" on my posting. BTW, please elaborate on the taste of a knuckle sandwich and the expenses incurred of removing that taste.

Thank you for that well thought out analysis of the mis-adventures of Boston fans. It was quite enlightening to learn how depraved we are, however, you seem to relish any physical harm applied to a Boston fan. I can't recall any specific incidents you speak of, but surely there must be one or two fans who might have failed to duck while discussing the finer points of the sport event being enjoyed.

I have a suggestion, if I may...perhaps you'd really like to enjoy the ultimate Boston adventure, and I think you might accomplish this by attending a Friday night game in Fenway. I know you lumped all Boston fans together, but for the point of discussion, I've chosen baseball. So, what you need to do is get yourself some Yankee gear, a Yankee's baseball cap and shirt of ARod, would do just fine. Please be sure to enjoy your surroundings by pounding down about 6 beers prior to leaving Fenway. As you are heading to wherever you might be going, I suggest you yell "Red Sox suck". This audible will notify others of your utter disdain for the team and their fans. Soon thereafter (trust me, it'll happen), you will be greeted by said Boston fans to further discuss your recently announced position. Soon after dialog begins, you will most likely find yourself looking up, which, IMO is where you need to be.

Enjoy your future adventures into the wonderful world of Boston sports. I do think you may need some therapy, in that the majority of your post revolved around physical harm, as in And I always enjoy reading about some Boston fan who got punched in the face during a game -- he most likely deserved the beating. A rather socially challenge comment, indicating that you have serious hate issues.

You could easily have expressed your dislike of Boston fans without the violence and your enjoyment of hearing about a fan getting punched in the face. This clearly indicates you are socially challenged and have deep rooted anger issues. You have done nothing here but embarrass yourself and exposed your character flaws. Try taking a deep breath and growing up.

Oh yeah, a sick mind like yours will obviously need to respond. Have no fear, you may indeed have the last word, I've wasted a few precious minutes on you.

Boston fan for well over 50 years

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@charliej2356 said:

👎👎

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@charliej2356 said:

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

• Options

thisistheshow wrote: "Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel."

OK, here's one. "... one of his most pointed observations about fan culture was during his visit to Boston."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/habs-fan-survives-bloody-beating-boston--nhl.html

• Options

@charliej2356 said:

Let your feelings out, it’s ok. When did you get made fun of at Fenway? Talking about it will make you feel better 🤷‍♂️

• Options

Sorry to disappoint you, perkdog, but my trip to Fenway was when I was 27 years old. At 6'3" and 215 pounds, I was in no danger of having somebody make fun of me. Even today, I'd be very comfortable and confident if I ran into you at Fenway Park -- and I'd enjoy "talking about it" with you. Nuf said.

• Options

@charliej2356 said:
    Sorry to disappoint you, perkdog, but my trip to Fenway was when I was 27 years old. At 6'3" and 215 pounds, I was in no danger of having somebody make fun of me. Even today, I'd be very comfortable and confident if I ran into you at Fenway Park -- and I'd enjoy "talking about it" with you. Nuf said.

😂😂😂😂😂. Please continue to post here, I am willing to bet you will give Double D a run for his money with the comic relief!!

• Options

I've been fighting with an ebay seller all day today, trying to get him to ship to the United States, damn germans!

• Options
    edited October 22, 2021 4:38PM

@doubledragon said:
    I've been fighting with an ebay seller all day today, trying to get him to ship to the United States, damn germans!

DD, it could be worse though, you could have gotten your head stuffed in a toilet while visiting the bathroom at Fenway like poor @charliej2356 did 🤷‍♂️

• Options

@doubledragon said:

Ok DD, slam down a few Reeses, a little sip of milk maybe (beer optional if you're REALLY distressed), and fire up some good stuff.

BTW, I'm breathlessly awaiting your analysis on "is a thumb a finger".

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

DD, it could be worse though, you could have gotten your head stuffed in a toilet while visiting the bathroom at Fenway like poor @charliej2356 did 🤷‍♂️

I'd like to stuff that ebay seller's head in a toilet, he's stubborn!

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@doubledragon said:

Ok DD, slam down a few Reeses, a little sip of milk maybe (beer optional if you're REALLY distressed), and fire up some good stuff.

BTW, I'm breathlessly awaiting your analysis on "is a thumb a finger".

Definitely BEER and Reese's, it's been a long day! I think a thumb is a finger, but I'm stull not sure, I'll get back to you on that. 🤔

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

@charliej2356 said:

i love how you made it a point to shed light on the perceived lack of decorum at sporting events in Boston, then you turn around and post this thinly veiled threat

thanks for making my morning broski

😂😂😂