Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2021 Topps X Mickey Mantle

robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in for a few at $10 per pack. Pretty nice set overall IMO.

https://www.topps.com/2021-topps-x-mickey-mantle.html

Comments

• Options
    FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭

I maxed out my 20 packs. Possibly the last Topps Mantle product? Box itself will be worth $10 in my opinion. And is this the first official Topps reprint of the Dice Game card? Can not remember seeing it elsewhere.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this product today on my Yankees facebook feed. I wasn't limited to 20 packs - I ordered 25. I also signed up for the Topps newsletter and that was good for a 10% discount.

Daniel
  • Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

We picked up 20, couldn’t pass it up for $10 each

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    • free shipping too? no brainer at that price point.
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Surprised Topps is issuing this now instead of after they lose the MLB contract. They could easily issue this kind of set of Mantle (kind of like their Trevor Lawrence set) with no logos. Selecting photos where you cannot see the jersey logo and just have to black out the NY on the hat wouldn’t be too hard. This is the type of thing I think will keep them in the baseball card business.

• Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Bought 20, should be a fun little rip!

Question, How do you Redeem your points when the time comes?

YeeHaw!

Thanks

Neil

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

In for 10 (daughter's a Yankees fan).

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭

@thedutymon11 said:
    Afternoon,

YeeHaw!

Thanks

Neil

Points are only good towards Topps Now cards. Find one you like and redeem, or hold for awhile and buy packs of some of their Topps Now sets (MLB Network Top 100). Redemptions only come in certain denominations and can’t be combined.

Jim

• Options

@burghman said:

@thedutymon11 said:
    Afternoon,

YeeHaw!

Thanks

Neil

Points are only good towards Topps Now cards. Find one you like and redeem, or hold for awhile and buy packs of some of their Topps Now sets (MLB Network Top 100). Redemptions only come in certain denominations and can’t be combined.

Evening,

Thanks

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like these SOLD OUT

What is included in the Box? Does each box include 1 pack of 5 cards?

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:
    Looks like these SOLD OUT

What is included in the Box? Does each box include 1 pack of 5 cards?

Pack Configuration

• 5 cards per pack
    • *Packs with Parallel/SP/Auto will have 4 base cards
    • Parallels 1:5 packs

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I thought it was a pack, but the Product Type said "SET"

SKU ARTBB-18C1S-21TXMM-PACK01
    Product Information
    Each pack contains (5) trading cards PLUS Parallels 1:5 packs

Product Type Set
    Property Major League Baseball
    Year 2021

• Options
    edited October 23, 2021 12:04AM

@DotStore said:
    I thought it was a pack, but the Product Type said "SET"

SKU ARTBB-18C1S-21TXMM-PACK01
    Product Information
    Each pack contains (5) trading cards PLUS Parallels 1:5 packs

Product Type Set
    Property Major League Baseball
    Year 2021

Ten Bucks, Free Shipping though, Right?

• Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the cards from his playing days are just reprints of his already issued cards from those years? Are they the same as the reprint cards from 1996-1997 that Topps released after he died?

Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options

@72skywalker said:
    Does anyone know if the cards from his playing days are just reprints of his already issued cards from those years? Are they the same as the reprint cards from 1996-1997 that Topps released after he died?

I think a mix of both. But also cards that were not reprinted like that 1961 Dice game. I think there are a few “cards that never were” too?

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wondering what the autograph cards will be - betting facsimile autographs and not cut autographs or stickers he signed long ago.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

Mickey Mantle towards the later years of his life use to sign baseballs for $3 a piece in bulk. THREE DOLLARS!

• Options

I looked at the checklist and I do like that they continued making a Topps card of his from 2013 to 2021 in this set. I know that they made a #7 card of him through 2012 and then stopped. I think I am going to just get the cards from 2013 to 2021 and call it a day. I already have the Mantle set depicting him on 1954 and 1955 cards so I don't need those and I already have all his original cards from his playing days along with the reprinted cards from 1997 so those are out as well....who am I kidding? I probably will end up with the whole set in the end.

• Options

I got my first Fedex shipping confirmation today.

• Options

Afternoon,

Mine 20 Packs are here...interesting, each Box is One Pack. Now the question is, to "Rip or Not to Rip?

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options

Rip 10, hold 10? Save the boxes though. Think I saw a clearly advertised empty box sell for $10 on ebay.

• Options

Any insight why the 1954 Bowman card is the only version with the 70th Topps stamp on it?

• Options

Opened my 40 boxes and did not hit anything too good. 8 numbered cards, all orange and blue. Was fun though and the boxes were much smaller than what they appear to look on site.

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Numbered Parallels are supposed to be 1 out of 5 boxes. I saw a breaker open 20 boxes and hit a 1/1.

• Options

@Flux said:
    Any insight why the 1954 Bowman card is the only version with the 70th Topps stamp on it?

I know you meant 'without' here. I think maybe because it was not a Topps product when it came out. I got my 25 packs - opened one and hoping to flip the rest on eBay for a quick buck ;)

Daniel
  • Options

@BaltimoreYankee said:

@Flux said:

I know you meant 'without' here. I think maybe because it was not a Topps product when it came out. I got my 25 packs - opened one and hoping to flip the rest on eBay for a quick buck ;)

No, I meant with. All the other Bowman cards are without the 70th Topps stamp. So why does the ‘54 have it?

• Options

With

Without

• Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

Like the #7 trend.

• Options

@samspop said:

Like the #7 trend.

Very nice! Pull yourself?

• Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

Yes sir. 20 packs. Pretty typical results.

Parallel cards were:

21 - 1960 All Star /75 (above)

20 - 1960 /199

22 - 1961 /75

26 - Game Card #/99

MM45 - /150

• Options

You did well. Make sure you check for SPs like the White Letter and OPC version. I opened 40 and did not hit a parallel under /150. Then found out about the short prints and rechecked. Ended up with a OPC.

• Options
    IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

While I'm not collecting the set, I went for a few singles with gusto----especially that 1961 Topps Dice Game card, which I feel is a beauty. I'll gladly take a high-class well-made Topps reprint. I have no interest in the parallel /blue / orange border / etc.; just give me the original white border and I'm happy.

I seriously doubt (HA!) I would ever have the chance, much less the wheelbarrow full of cash it would take to purchase an original Dice Game Mickey that Topps creative executive and dealer -------------- mailed out to a few of his cronies to get their feedback on what they thought about it. I'm trying to remember his name--oh well.

Sharp-eyed collectors like Keith Olbermann noticed when Mile High Auctions offered five new-to-market Topps Dice Game cards, it was determined the year Topps printed them was actually 1963, not 1961. The proof was the Dick Groat, which portrays him as a St. Louis Cardinal, a team he did not join until November 19, 1962. Also, the Norm Siebern card shows him wearing a Kansas City A's uniform which did not debut until 1962. The date should be changed from 1961 to 1963, period. ---Indiana Jones (Brian Powell)

• Options

How’d I do?

• Options
    oilers99oilers99 Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

Anyone still collecting the 2021 Topps X Mickey Mantle's?

• Options

@oilers99 said:
    Anyone still collecting the 2021 Topps X Mickey Mantle's?

I think the popularity of these types of issues come and go quickly.
    According to my records from last year, I bought 25 boxes (packs) directly from Topps for $238 all in, opened one and sold the other 24 for $348, net of all selling costs. I remember at the time I missed the prime flipping period but still did pretty well.

Daniel
  • Options
    DizzazterDizzazter Posts: 23
    edited December 13, 2022 11:07AM

Grabbed a few mystery boxes from Walgreens. They always had Mickey's and a hobby pack.
    Found this 1/7 #35 in one and a mm44 #/75. And 2 other numbered Mantles #/199 and #/99. All in all ok for Walgreens.
    Can't find any real values on the 1/7. Any ideas or thought would be appreciated.

• Options

Sorry new to forum. Would such a card be worth grading. Does anyone still collect the series or is it why they were in Walgreens packs

• Options

Does anyone know if they will make a card for him in 2022?

• Options

Topps has a 2022 insert called salute to the mick. Supposedly a short print

• Options
    oilers99oilers99 Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

I bought 50 boxes and still haven't opened them yet - will see how long I can hold off.

• Options

I took the chance at Walgreens mystery boxes. Always a mantle including the 1/7 and a 2020 Topps heritage hobby pack. $10 a shot. Pulled a few decent cards from heritage and 4 #rd mantles. Bought ten. No autos but feel I did decently