Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Holiday USPS wallet hits- sigh

Usually around holidays I see regular mail delivery slowdowns due to volume and vacations- expect it and plan for it

Had a kick in the wallet lately when I just started selling again ( I always take Sept off every year on feebay- no sales - just all buying month). Wondered what was up with the rate increases and mail slowness combined =so I checked into USPS changes
Apparently while I was too busy working USPS instituted new changes in delivery times that are expected to become permanent

Under the new guidelines, people can expect FIRST CLASS PACKAGES

Mail delivered 140 or less to be delivered within 2 days
Within 3 days for mail traveling between 140 and 930 miles
Four days for mail traveling between 930 and 1,907 miles
And within 5-7 days for mail traveling longer distances

And to kick me in the you know whats - Nevada , where I live, can expect mail to take longer than anywhere else
How much of our mail is gonna be impacted = 75 % of all mail coming here. Yeah- gotta love it
Luckily for me PSA uses FedEx and UPS to deliver most of my subs back

OH- and there is currently a HOLIDAY SURCHARGE on USPS priority packages of 75 cents

All of it nailing the wallet :(

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last pack sub from PSA was shipped via USPS and arrived in 2 days, coast to coast, quicker than either UPS or Fed Ex.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy needs to be fired, ASAP! The sabotage of the USPS is intentional. DeJoy is just a political donor that was rewarded with a position that he is unqualified for. Complain to your representatives, demanding that DeJoy be fired. They in turn will need to apply pressure to the postal board of governors, who themselves are composed of political appointees, a majority of the board having gained their position from the former administration. Only the postal board of governors has the authority to fire the postmaster general. Until enough people get angry, this is what we're stuck with...incompetence.

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    My last pack sub from PSA was shipped via USPS and arrived in 2 days, coast to coast, quicker than either UPS or Fed Ex.

To be expected. Those would have been AIR related deliveries.
    These changes noted above are going to affect GROUND related stuff
    Its more of a Public Service announcement for people like myself who did not realize these USPS changes were taking affect

I live in Las Vegas NV. PSA is less than 300 miles away in Newport Beach,CA
    Air is never involved. PSA ships back either Fedex Ground or UPS Ground.
    Never once had a USPS ground delivery in nearly 15 years now of living here
    Back when I was in CT or MA- yeah, Air packages back within 2 days most times 3 days max

I love my USPS people- trust me its not a USPS rant. The local USPS PO people and I have a great business relationship and I get help when and where needed. Their staff has always helped and I got no complaints . I even have local upper management and regional contacts ,and know some of the inspectors.

More of a "hey if your not aware= they changed rates" :#