Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Can parallel cards be used in registry sets?

I’m putting together a Cooper Kupp set. Can parallels fill the same role as the regular card in a rookie set? If not I may just delete the few cards I do have in the registry set and simply collect the ones I like.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

generally no

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. They will not accept an image variation for a RC either. They will except image variations for other years in basic sets but not for the RC.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2021 10:27PM

Thanks. I was afraid of that. In that case I’ll probably not pursue the registry and just collect what I like. 😎 Maybe I’m an old fart but collecting team/player sets from after 1990-something is confusing as hell.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@rexvos Um…I’m a non-sport guy, but I thought if you requested a “basic” version of a set, as long as the card numbering matched, if the card was a parallel it could be used in that card slot. Is the issue that with some of the sports card sets that the numbers on the parallel cards are different (Thus making what I have seen in the non-sports side not possible on the sports side)?

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@threeofsix said:
    @rexvos Um…I’m a non-sport guy, but I thought if you requested a “basic” version of a set, as long as the card numbering matched, if the card was a parallel it could be used in that card slot. Is the issue that with some of the sports card sets that the numbers on the parallel cards are different (Thus making what I have seen in the non-sports side not possible on the sports side)?

tell that to PSA. They have never allowed me to use photo variation rcs in any of my basic sets. They will for every other base card but not for the RC

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but if the number matched the one in the checklist it should count, IMO.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BBN said:
    I'm sorry, but if the number matched the one in the checklist it should count, IMO.

Maybe it should, but it doesn’t. Those have been the rules forever.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox