Home Sports Talk

How long could Dak be out?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't realize Dak injured his calf in last night's game, how long could he miss?

Cowboys QB Dak Prescott Injures Calf on Game-Winning Play, Set for MRI

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott gave an update on his right calf after sustaining the injury on the game-winning play Sunday against the Patriots.

On the final play of Sunday’s 35-29 overtime win over the Patriots, Dak Prescott sustained a calf injury that put the Cowboys quarterback in a walking boot after the game.

Prescott said that he "came down funny" on his right calf when he threw the game-winning, 35-yard touchdown pass to CeeDee Lamb.

The Cowboys confirmed Prescott will have an MRI on Monday before the team is given time off during the bye week.

“I was just like, ‘No way,’” Prescott said after the game. “Life keeps throwing punches and I’m going to keep throwing them back. It’s part of it, it's part of this game.

"It’s a physical game we play as I said I’ll be fine. I've got a lot of confidence in myself, the medical team and as I said, I feel good. Obviously, this is [a] precaution."

Prescott believes he could have continued playing with the injury if he needed to but Lamb's jaunt into the end zone put an end to things in Foxborough. Prescott had a career night against the Patriots, completing 36 of 51 passes for 445 yards and three touchdowns.

"It was a little pain, but, no, for sure, I would've been able to keep going," Prescott said. "Obviously, I think the adrenaline would've been up and probably maybe not even felt it at that time. But I think after the time you relax and it's like, 'Oh, well, there it is.'"

Last October, Prescott needed emergency surgery after sustaining a compound fracture and dislocation of his right ankle, which caused him to miss the rest of the season. But the sixth-year star has bounced back to put himself in the top five among starting quarterbacks in passing yards, passing touchdowns and QB rating this season.

After the upcoming bye week, Cowboys will face the Vikings on Oct. 31 on Sunday Night Football.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully for Cowboys fans it’s not that bad I mean after the victory he didn’t seem like he was hurt all that bad

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Hopefully for Cowboys fans it’s not that bad I mean after the victory he didn’t seem like he was hurt all that bad

Hopefully it isn't too bad, it sucks because he just got healthy and the Cowboys really have a great team this year and a real shot at winning it all, we'll have to wait and see.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I had to guess, he doesn't miss time.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this news late last night, and figured, if nothing else, that Dak would be the spark that would bring Mustachioed Jerry Jones back into our lives. So I was not surprised to see Jerry back again this morning, but I was shocked that it took this long for a mention of Dak's injury.

I'm also waiting for updates on the supposed 3rd video from the coach's bar, and a certain coach's wife supposedly harassing the parents and grandparents of this woman that is present in the video.

@countdouglas said:
    I saw this news late last night, and figured, if nothing else, that Dak would be the spark that would bring Mustachioed Jerry Jones back into our lives. So I was not surprised to see Jerry back again this morning, but I was shocked that it took this long for a mention of Dak's injury.

I'm also waiting for updates on the supposed 3rd video from the coach's bar, and a certain coach's wife supposedly harassing the parents and grandparents of this woman that is present in the video.

I knew there had to be a reason mustache Jerry Jones has been very grumpy to me today and told me to get my a.. back here. 🤔

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bye week came just in time for Dak. He has never been injury prone. Last year was just a terrible injury on a clean tackle. The tweeked shoulder in training camp was a result of favoring the ankle.
    Speaking of ankle injuries. Did you see the Chiefs player twisting Josh Allen’s ankle on purpose after the play and that moron Chris Collingworth chuckling about it? Moron.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:
    Bye week came just in time for Dak. He has never been injury prone. Last year was just a terrible injury on a clean tackle. The tweeked shoulder in training camp was a result of favoring the ankle.
    Speaking of ankle injuries. Did you see the Chiefs player twisting Josh Allen’s ankle on purpose after the play and that moron Chris Collingworth chuckling about it? Moron.

No, I missed that, Cris Collinsworth gets on my nerves, I'll be glad when he leaves the booth, the sooner the better!

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@2dueces said:

No, I missed that, Cris Collinsworth gets on my nerves, I'll be glad when he leaves the booth, the sooner the better!

Post # 14,0000 DD! Wow!

• FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭

Going on limb and saying at least 1 week. :)

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

@2dueces said:

Post # 14,0000 DD! Wow!

I didn't even realize I had hit 14,000, it seems like just yesterday I was registering for an account here, time flies!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Flux said:
    Going on limb and saying at least 1 week. :)

🤣