Home Sports Talk
Options

A sporting event bigger than the Super Bowl

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 18, 2021 5:22AM in Sports Talk

The Balloon World Cup, you can't let the balloon hit the floor.

Comments

• Options

Pointless post for editing purposes.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought this might be a thread about your return to the forum.

• Options

I've definitely enjoyed playing that game with my kids over the years.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

DD is punched in and right back to work!!

I need to find this action on my DK app! 😂😂😂

• Options

What does that mean,,, "is an electric factory".....

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    What does that mean,,, "is an electric factory".....

It means the event itself is electric, the intensity of the contest, the broadcasters screaming at the top of their lungs, the fans going crazy, there's no atmosphere like it.

• Options
    edited October 18, 2021 5:39AM

Even though you can't see or hear any fans, I'm sure they are there. 🤔

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is so cool. I grew up playing that and tearing apart the living room. I had no idea it was a thing. that and basketball over a doorway in the house when it was raining.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    that is so cool. I grew up playing that and tearing apart the living room. I had no idea it was a thing. that and basketball over a doorway in the house when it was raining.

It is amazing how much fun can be had with a balloon.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@craig44 said:

It is amazing how much fun can be had with a balloon.

we used to love playing the floor is lava too. I saw that there was actually a tv game show by the same title a couple of years ago.

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2021 7:29PM

I would say that the World Cup in soccer or football as the rest of the world calls it is the sporting event that surpasses any sport that is played on this side of the pond,i read an article that made sense to me hopefully it will not offend my neighbours to the south "Americans only like sports that they are good in".

• Options

@electrode said:
    I would say that the World Cup in soccer or football as the rest of the world calls it is the sporting event that surpasses any sport that is played on this side of the pond,i read an article that made sense to me hopefully it will not offend my neighbours to the south "Americans only like sports that they are good in".

In the United States, the best athletes are steered in different directions depending on gender. And if you think of it that way, and look at the success of our women's soccer program, it paints things in a different light.

• Options

@electrode said:

thisistheshow has it right here. we do have the best athletes in the world, at least in most ball sports. they are tracked into our big 3 though.