Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1999P Pennsylvania PCGS MS67 $29.00 UPDATE transaction finally complete.

I could not get to the buy it now fast enough.
1999 P Pennsylvania PCGS MS67

The transaction is FINALLY complete.

The auction ended on July 9, I called them that day and provided my credit card info for payment.

On July 22 my credit card had not been charged and no coin had been received so I email them at the email address provided by Ebay asking what the status was.

On July 23 I receive a email from them again requesting payment. I call and Addie says the payment info I provided earlier must have been misplaced. I again provided my credit card info and she apologizes for the delay and says my coin will ship July 24 free priority mail.

On July 29 (20 days after auction ended) I still had not received the coin and my credit card had not been charged. I again call Addie inquiring what the status was. I am only then informed that there was an error in the listing and Sasha needs to discuss it with me and she will call to talk with me.

On July 30 I called and talked to Sasha and she states the coin was priced as a PR67DC by mistake. I tell her I figured there had been an error and am not out to screw anyone. I still want the coin what can we work out where everyone is happy? She tells me she will have to get a hold of Rick and see what he says and call me back.

The next day I call and am told they will sell the coin for $75.00....

It is now in the mail to me for $75.00 delivered. I better get some damn good feedback on this one.

There is no intent here to bash this seller. I am just a little upset it took so long to resolve this and to get my coin. I would have thought they would have emaild ME 3 to 5 days after the auction to explain the error and try to resolve it. 3 weeks and me calling them to find out just seems a little much. On top of that I was never asked for my input as to what fair price we could agree on.
Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Comments

• Options
    keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
    I remember when that was a Pop. 3 coin and I had made the second one in grade. Now it's Pop 89, 3 higher
    Keith ™

• Options
    These things are still selling on Ebay for over $100.00 everytime one is listed. I think this guy might have made a mistake.
    Bill

• Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    Bill:

You bought it from Rick Tomaska. He sells great stuff, but rarely makes mistakes. But you never knowimage

Greg
  • Options
    I have been looking for a MS67 Penn for a long time for my type set and have watched everyone come and go on Ebay for a year. The cheapest I have seen one sold for is $124.00 and that was about 3 days ago. Mistake or not I feel lucky today.
    Bill

• Options
    Maybe, Its the beginning of an overall price reduction!!image
    SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIUM ERUDITIONIS HABES

Looking for Low Grade PCGS Half Dimes.
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    thud!?!?
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Brudd - Ooohhhh, If you mean a down market for some type of coins, thats scary. Dont we all have enough problems with a down stock market.? Bear image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Nice pickup.

My last BIN steal was a 69DCAM 71-S Ike PEGLEG for $25.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    BowAxeBowAxe Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Bill, you definitely got it for a steal at current levels. The last three PA (p) quarters in PCGS MS67 that sold on Teletrade, all during June, went for $170-$180 each.

Good buy!
    Dell
  • Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    Great buy. Rick is mainly into proofs. That's his passion. He's probably not up on current prices for them.

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    Great find Bill.. I'll give you $50 for it and a bunch of more praising ..lol
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I'll offer your $27 back, then $27 more for your trouble.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    I have bought several coins from this dealer and have been very pleased with their service and their product. Several of them have been what I thought were a real steal. What I found though is that the grade on the slab was FAR from the grade of the coin, which of course, is not his fault, and I think that the seller feels the same way - meaning he probably feels guilty selling the slab at the market price knowing that the coin ain't quite there. A seller with a conscience? I would like to think so! I hope your coin matches the grade on the slab! You got a great deal! image

Andy
    We are finite beings, limited in all our powers, and, hence, our conclusions are not only relative, but they should ever be held subject to correction. Positive assurance is unattainable. The dogmatist is the only one who claims to possess absolute certainty.

First POTD 9/19/05!!

• Options
    I needed a Penn, Georgia, and NJ in MS67 to backfill my type set on the state quarters but refuse to pay the outrages prices and have been waiting. It has paid off on the Penn but now the game continues for the other two. Could I get this lucky 2 more times? LOL

Android,

I hope so also but PCGS has been really strict on these so odds are I'm ok but ya never know one could have slipped through. Will have to wait and see.
    Bill

• Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    statehood 67's are no longer "goosh" or "in".

rapidlly declining prices is an understatement image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    Very nice, Bill.
    Are you looking forward of selling it? If so, $?
    New PGCS collector - still learning from all other fellow collectors.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice going Bill. Feel the way you may about the State quarter program- for or against- but these in PCGS MS67 are attractive coins!

peacockcoins

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill: I would bet that Rick's price was for the MS66 coin. One of his staff just made an error in preparing the ebay auction. After all, why have a BIN at $29, when he could sell me ALL (89) of the MS67's in existence at MULTIPLES of that price (and I am "right down the street" and talk to Rick all the time - I would even pick them up) image Nice "rip" though. Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    bit1work,

Nope dont think I could ever loose on this one (atleast not any time soon). It will be staying right here in my Type set.

Bill

• Options
    I agree with Wondercoin. Someone inside of the Company make a mistake.
    Edson
  • Options
    This mistake could cost him negetive feedback!
    Say no to ACG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Aaggh... not that again, now I've gotta pop another couple Rolaids. image Missed that Ike by minutes myself.

And it was a Type 1 low-relief reverse, much harder in gem grades.
  • Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    Called Rick the other day and tried to buy another one at the BIN price. He did acknowledge that he made a mistake, and apologized.

Greg
  • Options
    Got an email from them yesterday requesting payment. I called them up and explained that I had called the day I won the auction and provided one of their reps with my credit card info. I had noticed my credit card had not been charged and had been wondering what was going on, was about ready to contact them myself. They apologized for getting their wires crossed, took my payment info again and said it would ship today free priority shipping. Should arrive Friday or Saturday.
    Bill

• Options
    Does that mean you are getting the ms67?
    Say no to ACG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Been a while since I have seen anyone so estactic over another persons error.
  • Options
    IrishMike,

I am not ecstatic over another persons error. I am ecstatic about getting that coin at that price. I have been looking for one for a long time but refused to pay what they were selling for and was waiting for the prices to come down a bit.
    I really do feel a little bad about it and knew when I saw the auction it had to be a mistake. I also sell coins on Ebay on occasion and know if I made that kind of mistake I would be kicking myself in the a$$.
    If the seller had contacted me and explained his error there is a good chance I would have agreed to adjust the sale price where we both could have been happy. Especially after I found out he is a friend of Mitch (Wondercoin). But that never happened, the only contact was requesting payment.

If I had not bought it someone else would have. Regardless the coin was going to sell and fast.

Does this make me a bad person? What should I have done? Am I taking advantage of a seller or an opportunity?

I am not being defensive but would really like to know the opinions of the board members here. Is there an ethical issue here?

saynotoACG,

Yes they are sending me the coin.

If it was my auction and my mistake I would still sell the coin also. I would hope all Ebay sellers would stand behind their auctions (contracts) mistake or not.
    Bill

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill: We once bid on a coin on ebay that should have been reserved at $12,500, but, by accident was reserved at something like $2500!! The snipe bid hit the reserve and we ended up winning the coin at $2500!! Seller promptly emailed stating a big mistake had been made. We settled at a level we both were happy with well above $2500 and well below $12,500.

Difference in your case is seller has still never even told you he made a mistake. He just requested payment from you. This tells me seller is as reputable as they come, willing to entirely "eat" the mistake. And, there is an easy solution for you too - just buy one of the "retail" priced lots seller might sell next month - a coin you might not have stretched for and just let the seller know why you did it. If I was seller, that would make me very happy image Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    I once hit the b.i.n. for a 1967 SMS MS68CAM Washington that was listed with a b.i.n. @ $75.00. It was an obvious mistake by one of Ricks new employees. From what I understand, Rick has set up a separate office to handle eBay business, and the help there is not up to snuff. (They also relisted a coin that I had won!) Anyway, it took them over a week to notify me that the auction listing was a mistake, and could they please void it. Of course, I agreed, and Rick and I worked out a deal on another coin that I needed in my proof Washington set.
    Perhaps Rick is having this employee eat the difference to finally learn a lesson.

Regards,

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    The transaction is FINALLY complete.

The auction ended on July 9, I called them that day and provided my credit card info for payment.

On July 22 my credit card had not been charged and no coin had been received so I email them at the email address provided by Ebay asking what the status was.image

On July 23 I receive a email from them again requesting payment. I call and Addie says the payment info I provided earlier must have been misplaced. I again provided my credit card info and she apologizes for the delay and says my coin will ship July 24 free priority mail.image

On July 29 (20 days after auction ended) I still had not received the coin and my credit card had not been charged. I again call Addie inquiring what the status was. I am only then informed that there was an error in the listing and Sasha needs to discuss it with me and she will call to talk with me.image

On July 30 I called and talked to Sasha and she states the coin was priced as a PR67DC by mistake. I tell her I figured there had been an error and am not out to screw anyone.image I still want the coin what can we work out where everyone is happy? She tells me she will have to get a hold of Rick and see what he says and call me back.

The next day I call and am told they will sell the coin for $75.00....image

It is now in the mail to me for $75.00 delivered. I better get some damn good feedback on this one.

There is no intent here to bash this seller. I am just a little upset it took so long to resolve this and to get my coin. I would have thought they would have emaild ME 3 to 5 days after the auction to explain the error and try to resolve it. 3 weeks and me calling them to find out just seems a little much. On top of that I was never asked for my input as to what fair price we could agree on.
    Bill

• Options
    Sounds like you receive the same type of response from R and I as I always have(three separate occasions) The last time I attempted to contact them was regarding purchasing numerous Proof coins(around $1200 worth) over four months ago, and that is the third occasion(two previous Ebay e-mails/leading to calls and no response on either occasion). They do have some incredible coins and do not sell junk, but they have terrible response to calls, e-mails, & faxes.