• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m shocked he didn’t hit 300+ yards passing. 297 yards was it

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭✭

I understand he hurt his thumb.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how much the thumb affected bradys game. Aikman mentioned that he had banged it a couple of times in the first half. the first and most of the 2nd quarters he was lights out. then, the last series in the 2nd and the whole 2nd half he was sub-par. strange to see such a drop-off mid-game.

in the first half, he was definitely on track for another 5 td, 400 yard game.

they have a nice long layoff now though before game 7

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Tampa has lots of starters to get healthy. I am glad they didnt try to play Gronk last night.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was an amazing pinpoint pass he connected on last night to the receiver (8 min. 38 sec 3rd. or 4th quarter?) who was being tightly covered by two DB's. The T.V. camera angle was spot on Brady's face when he released the ball. .....He is one steely eyed son-of-a-gun. He's probably the best ever. I feel fortunate to be around to see it.

• Options

Also.....I've never bought into any of the talk about who's the GOAT in any sport. It's all seems like meaningless chatter to me. But......for some reason, after that play last night......I'm ready to make an exception.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Also.....I've never bought into any of the talk about who's the GOAT in any sport. It's all seems like meaningless chatter to me. But......for some reason, after that play last night......I'm ready to make an exception.

I did not even remember it was on Thursday night football last night. I missed the game! Cant remember $hit anymore. I will just blame it on my age.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

If you look at game footage of Brady or watched him play enough I can promise you that he has made many more of “That play” than just last night lol

• Options

@tommyrusty7 said:

@Hydrant said:

I did not even remember it was on Thursday night football last night. I missed the game! Cant remember $hit anymore. I will just blame it on my age.

You're not alone. I forgot it too. But I got lucky and someone reminded me.....just in time!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady has a win every weekend. I think the football gods have punished me and said, “Joe, for 20 years you will have to face Tom Brady. You will have to watch him beat your football team 400 times and win 6 Super Bowls. You will have to look at a 6’4” ageless man, a millionaire, married to a Super Model until you can’t take it. Then he’s going to go to a perennial loser and win another Super Bowl in his first year. Then he’s going to lead the league in every category and no matter where you turn, TV, internet, and the friendly confines of your favorite sports forum you’ll have to look at 12 different threads a day on how great he is. Then you’ll have to concede that he will play until he’s 55 years old and lead the league in punting and field goals on top of 50 passing TD’s a year and at halftime have fund raisers for under privileged children. In the off season he will cure cancer, feed the hungry nad personally cure every disease on the planet. Yes, the football gods are punishing me, not sure for what but Tom will call me later tonight and tell me why.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Brady has a win every weekend. I think the football gods have punished me and said, “Joe, for 20 years you will have to face Tom Brady. You will have to watch him beat your football team 400 times and win 6 Super Bowls. You will have to look at a 6’4” ageless man, a millionaire, married to a Super Model until you can’t take it. Then he’s going to go to a perennial loser and win another Super Bowl in his first year. Then he’s going to lead the league in every category and no matter where you turn, TV, internet, and the friendly confines of your favorite sports forum you’ll have to look at 12 different threads a day on how great he is. Then you’ll have to concede that he will play until he’s 55 years old and lead the league in punting and field goals on top of 50 passing TD’s a year and at halftime have fund raisers for under privileged children. In the off season he will cure cancer, feed the hungry nad personally cure every disease on the planet. Yes, the football gods are punishing me, not sure for what but Tom will call me later tonight and tell me why.

I think you have it, right there in a nutshell!!!

• Options
    edited October 15, 2021 4:21PM

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

If you look at game footage of Brady or watched him play enough I can promise you that he has made many more of “That play” than just last night lol

I believe you perky. I know you're right. But that one last night is just burned into my mind. I can't stop seeing it. WOW!!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

I believe you perky. I know you're right. But that one last night is just burned into my mind. I can't stop seeing it. WOW!!

Haha I’m a Brady guy as you know 🍻

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

Haha I’m a Brady guy as you know 🍻

Welcome to the club @Hydrant