Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Are PSA Cards Designed to Be Loose in Their Holders?

JeterFan48JeterFan48 Posts: 1

Hello,

I recently received my first PSA graded collectible, and I didn't hold back -- I invested in a Derek Jeter rookie card worth thousands.

However, when the card arrived in the mail, I was shocked to see it loose and able to move around from side to side inside its case.

The card is a 1993 Jeter rookie with regular baseball card dimensions. There looks to be about a 1/4 of an inch spare space and the card can be tilted to go hard up against either of those four walls.

I've taken a look around and have seen some threads created about this topic, but I'm hoping for a very credible and authoritative source to help me out and confirm whether this is normal or a problem please, because I can't find a straight answer anywhere -- not one that gives me any confidence.

I do own another Jeter rookie which is graded by Beckett and it doesn't move at all.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I have apparently posted in a US coin category. It was unintentional. My apologies. I will try to resolve that as soon as possible. If a moderator could help me out that would be great. I'm looking for the baseball card section.

Comments

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been happening a lot lately. Maybe there is some bug in the forum software that crept in with a recent update?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

My grandson has some of those. I checked with him and he sez they should not move around. 🤠

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

Movement is common in PSA holders with thinner stock cards.

BGS uses a sleeve within their holders that restricts any movement.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, some of my slabs (maybe most of my slabs), the cards move some.

Work hard and you will succeed!!