Home Sports Talk
Options

Cardinals Fire Schildt

Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually “Philosophical differences” mean your not winning. Maybe this time there really were Philosophical differences lol

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

I's not you, It's me breakup.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess that amazing 17 game winning streak and late season resurgence wasn't enough to save his job.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

He brought in Alex Reyes to pitch in the 9th inning of the Wild Card game with the score tied and a runner on base. Schildt got off easy; he could have been drawn and quartered.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dallasactuary said:

He brought in Alex Reyes to pitch in the 9th inning of the Wild Card game with the score tied and a runner on base. Schildt got off easy; he could have been drawn and quartered.

in a weird sort of way i feel partially responsible. on June 16 i got Reyes to sign this ball. at the time, he was one of the best closers in the game with 17 saves and a 0.82 ERA. i told him, "congrats on a great season thus far." he said, "thanks, i appreciate it."

from that very moment it was a straight shot to a demotion, 3.24, then he hung a grapefruit in the 9th against the Dodgers and ended his team's season :D

• Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:
    I guess that amazing 17 game winning streak and late season resurgence wasn't enough to save his job.

or more likely that either the front office wanted to sack one or more of his coaches and Schildt overplayed his hand in regard to his standing with the club in an attempt at solidarity, or one or more of the veteran players went to the GM questioning something about the manager or the way he ran the clubhouse, or Schildt routinely refused to use/implement some part of the game prep/advanced scouting info/analytics the front office provided for him.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2021 9:16PM

Apparently, the Cardinals plan to hire Oliver Marmol as their new manager.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32469087/st-louis-cardinals-hire-bench-coach-oliver-marmol-35-next-manager-sources-say

I guess that will make all his coaches Marmolaides :smile:

Steve