Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My grades are in. 41 Joe Sakic OPC Rookie

Sent off 41 Joe Sakic Rookies. Got grades yesterday. Nineteen - 10's, Seventeen 9's and five 8's

Was pleasantly surprised seeing that they seem to be grading tougher these days.

Comments

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@pose1974 said:
    Sent off 41 Joe Sakic Rookies. Got grades yesterday. Nineteen - 10's, Seventeen 9's and five 8's

Was pleasantly surprised seeing that they seem to be grading tougher these days.

OPC or Topps? That's incredible, that year was absolutely brutal for getting 10's

• Options

They are all OPC that i submitted. I was pleasantly surprised

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

That is a nice haul. Wow, 19 PSA 10s. Please post a few pics when you get them back.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

$$$$$ awesome.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

@pose1974 said:

I have to ask, where did you get them all? I've never seen a lot that size with 50% gems in it. After all that I've opened (boxes and factory sets) I've never come across a gem one, I've maybe pulled 15-20 raw.

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats pretty incredible.
    I have ripped over 100 boxes of that stuff and haven’t found one that I felt was a 10

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

I have to agree and add Topps is probably 10x harder! I looked for a Topps Sakic and Leetch for years!

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

I bought a 50 Card lot back in early 1990. One of the few speculations that paid off!

@Jayman1982 said:

@pose1974 said:

I have to ask, where did you get them all? I've never seen a lot that size with 50% gems in it. After all that I've opened (boxes and factory sets) I've never come across a gem one, I've maybe pulled 15-20 raw.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

I'd sure like to see these in their holders...getting 19 10's from a random lot of 50 does seem almost unattainable, but stranger things have happened

• Options

@pose1974 said:
    I bought a 50 Card lot back in early 1990. One of the few speculations that paid off!

@Jayman1982 said:

@pose1974 said:

Wow...that is unbelievable haha. 7% of all gem Sakic OPC rookies were found in a lot of 50 raw cards.

Must be some backstory as to how that lot was assembled!

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Congratulations!

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spectacular!

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Fabulous x 19.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.