Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mars attacks cards and getting taken

Maybe its none of my business but there sure seems to be be a lot of crazy going on here. If folks want to pay 150 bucks for a PSA 6 and 256 for a 8ST, 500 for common 8s, 275 for 7s fine but at least learn that a 8st is really equal to a 6 before you get ripped off and that 7o/c your paying 80 bucks for is really a 5....... but then 5s are going for 50 to 60 so whats another 20 .

Maybe they've been under valued and this is the new norm I'm hardly a expert.............I just hope a bunch of new collectors don't end up getting too taken.

Sorry kids when I die my Mars Attacks cards are coming with me.

Comments

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2021 6:58AM

Since the sports card market has shot to the moon many people cannot afford to collect what they like anymore. It seems people have turned their attention to the non sports card collecting lines of cards. I made sure to grab a PSA graded Tarzan set right beforehand a couple of years ago.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2021 8:26PM

1962 Mars Attacks has been demand (NOT Supply) scarce for 5+ decades. The behavior for this set is unlike any other in the same time frame. Do not base other non-sports sets off Mars Attacks behavior or you will lose every time - 1962 Mars Attacks transcends non-sports.

This reminds me I've never scanned my raw or slabs from the set - just when I thought I was almost done scanning :sigh

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.