Home Sports Talk
Options

Which scandal is worse?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of the two head coach scandals, which one is worse, the Urban Meyer scandal or the Jon Gruden scandal?

Which scandal is worse?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 12, 2021 5:32PM
    Urban Meyer

I'm going with the Meyer scandal, both are bad but I think betraying your wife of 37 years whom you have 3 kids with is a bit worse.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jon Gruden

I voted Gruden only because I don’t really believe Meyer did anything that bad, I mean the girl was basically giving him a G rated reverse lap dance nothing more that I’m aware of so it’s blown way out of proportion. If he actually physically cheated on his wife then I will recant my vote.

• Options
    Urban Meyer

Oh no, we're behind in the polls, time to do a little campaigning.

Let your voice be heard, vote Meyer for worse scandal!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urban Meyer

Besides the "G rated" lap dance Old Urb also copped a feel on her behind too - so I guess ya don't do that when married for 37 years like DD stated. But honestly - for supposedly Head coaches being Smart, both really did dumb things..........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2021 6:48PM
    Jon Gruden

Gruden for sure. Meyer is still employed (albeit for now) but Gruden is unlikely ever to work in the NFL again. Additionally, it's not like Meyer took the girl back to his room with him afterwards~or maybe he did LOL...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2021 11:28PM
    Jon Gruden

Urban got caught doing what a lot of drunk guys in power would have done and made a bad decision. Not flying back with your team after a bad loss is the bigger football crime.

As for Gruden his crude and sickening emails were likely sent from home or office while sober and not at Hooters. Plus with Urban it was one night. With Gruden it was over many years.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2021 7:19AM

Gruden.....Meyer..... Who's Next?......🤔

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urban Meyer

Urban for sure.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jon Gruden

Clearly these two scandals are nothing compared to Deflategate. That scandal was so horrific it made a grown man cry! >:)

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Erik
    If you listen to the most recent McAfee/Rodgers podcast, he explains deflategate very well. Simms took it out of context (I'm shocked) and it got blown up from there. PSI between 12.5 and 13.5 and different teams prefer different hardness. Refs can take it on the field and change it if they want. It's all about game temp and agreements with the teams on the field.
    Simms started this Bravo Sierra.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

neither takes the cake from sandusky.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jon Gruden

@streeter said:
    Erik
    If you listen to the most recent McAfee/Rodgers podcast, he explains deflategate very well. Simms took it out of context (I'm shocked) and it got blown up from there. PSI between 12.5 and 13.5 and different teams prefer different hardness. Refs can take it on the field and change it if they want. It's all about game temp and agreements with the teams on the field.
    Simms started this Bravo Sierra.

I'm a lifelong Pats fan and very familiar with all of the details to this saga. Anyday now the NFL is going to release the results to the testing of football pressure in winter-like conditions from back in 2017-18...Or maybe not ;)

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to take it up 3 notches
    The Tyndal ob/gyn settlement at SC. About a billion dollars. Split between the school and insurance co. Makes Sandusky look like a cupcake.

Have a nice day
  • Options

Lol, Sandusky was a bigger monster... A long with O. J. Ray Carruth , etc

But out of these two.... I'd agree with Urban. At least Gruden was working and motivated. Not " chilling" with another woman besides his wife. When the working day is over.... No MATTER HOW BAD IT IS...... you have to face your WIFE!

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:
    If you want to take it up 3 notches
    The Tyndal ob/gyn settlement at SC. About a billion dollars. Split between the school and insurance co. Makes Sandusky look like a cupcake.

i was keeping it in the football realm but would never place a hierarchy between any types of sexual abuse. im sure both gentleman have special places reserved down below. and rightfully so.