Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSHO - Morgan 1893 - S PCGS G06 - Price Lowered

coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 18, 2021 7:13AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Looking to sell my 93-S for $2,250 Paypal F&F, delivered Priority Mail with insurance. If using regular Paypal, add 3% or whatever the current surcharge is. Believe the coin was net graded G06 due to initials carved in obverse.
The Good

• Nice original obv & rev color - not dipped white
  • Not cleaned like many G06 on EBAY
  • Perfect rims
  • Rev is a VG10

The Bad

• Someone carved a WD on Lady Liberty probably 100 years ago since the 'dirt' is embedded- not easily visible with naked eye
  • Hit on lower jaw and light scratches- but its a G06

Who was W.D., probably a nobody, but maybe one of the numerous WD outlaws during this time, like William Dalton, William Dunn, WIlliam Doolin, or maybe William Downing.

Can provide numerous references, many BST successful transactions as seller. PM me if interested.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭

Good on you for showing that close up....(Not so) Good on PCGS for missing it

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options

@savoyspecial said:
    Good on you for showing that close up....(Not so) Good on PCGS for missing it

Thanks for compliment. My philosophy is if the buyer is not happy with purchase, then I'm not happy as seller. When I bot on EBAY the seller made no mention of initials and had a poor obv photo. You could not see any inkling of an issue. I relied on the clean grade when making purchase.

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know how it works but could it be returned to PCGS for grade review?

• Options

@MWallace said:
    I don't know how it works but could it be returned to PCGS for grade review?

I was hoping to not go through that route but may if nobody is interested. I viewed several auction buys on the PCGS Coin Prices link at the G6 grade (mostly EBAY) and some were much worse than this one, i.e. over-dipped but still blotchy and others harshly cleaned. There were also several on EBAY at a higher price so was looking to see if this could be sold as-is. Was hoping someone may consider worthy of an album. Time will tell. Need to do a bathroom upgrade and looking for a quick $2K+

• Options

ttt

• Options

ttt

• Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭

you get an A+ for finding, providing an excellant pic of WD and Telling potential buyers clearly , i tip me hat to you

toner loner
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

A decent coin for the grade, actually.
    The reverse is outstanding!
    I think the pluses outweigh the negatives.

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:
    A decent coin for the grade, actually.
    The reverse is outstanding!
    I think the pluses outweigh the negatives.

Thanks, that is what I saw when I bot. Seller didn't mention the initials or show a close-up of obv. Hopefully can sell and replace since I want to place a 93-S in my Dansco, but breaking this out of slab will lose too much value.