Home Sports Talk

Lamar Jackson

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 11, 2021 8:37PM in Sports Talk

Just wow. That was incredible
37/43 with 442 yards and 4,TDS and 62 yards rushing. Over 500 yards. Down by 16 in the 4th

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an ending

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's an amazing talent.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is very impressive, he played his guts out, the whole team did.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he read about some of us saying Kyler Murray was better and it set a fire under his butt.

Stud for sure

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

we all seem to know what he can accomplish passing when he shows up, he just doesn't show up every game and the Team tends to pay the price for that.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2021 10:33AM

No one has more wins before age 25 then Lamar. Ever

Point of reference Mahomes I believe is already 26 and Allen 25. Lamar won't turn 25 until January

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

was an amazing performance last night. By both the ravens and lamar. he was a beast for sure.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

someone will start earlier and break that. those kind of records are really sort of meaningless and the sort of things they were saying about Russell Wilson after two years in the NFL. much like an NFL season, it isn't how a player starts his career, it's more about how he ends it, what he does in the latter portion.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

He can surely put on a show. He can come from behind as last night showed but I’m not sure if Indys defense is a real test. I’ve always said he is the best athlete on the field every Sunday

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    someone will start earlier and break that. those kind of records are really sort of meaningless and the sort of things they were saying about Russell Wilson after two years in the NFL. much like an NFL season, it isn't how a player starts his career, it's more about how he ends it, what he does in the latter portion.

Well he is 33-11 or something like that including the playoffs. Marino was tied with him at 32. So in 70 years of NFL football Lamar is on top of that "stat". Maybe we will live long enough to see someone else come along and eclipse it. It's certainly not going to be anyone currently playing.

m

No one has more wins before age 25 then Lamar. Ever

yours is an interesting comparison since it is tied to age which to my way of thinking is hard to compare.

let's look at Otto Graham, for instance. he began College at Northwestern when he was 18 years old, only a few months short of turning 19 and he played in his first game a year later just prior to turning 20. due to his enlistment in the US Navy, Graham didn't play in his first professional game in the AAFC until about three months prior to his 25th birthday.

by contrast, Jackson started in the NFL when he was 21 and will complete his 4th regular season of play two days after he turns 25.

just for fun, if we consider these two players in the first four years of their careers they aren't relatively close. the only hitch is that the NFL refuses to acknowledge and accept the transfer of AAFC statistics, even though they have done so for their next big rival, the AFC 20+ years later. in his first four full seasons as QB, Graham was 47-4-3. to lend legitimacy to their record, when the NFL was gracious enough to allow the AAFC to "merge" with them Graham had a 10-2 record and won the Championship.

unfortunately for him, the times were different and priorities of the men playing the game were different, so he was just an "old man" when he started out. :p

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    He can come from behind as last night showed but I’m not sure if Indys defense is a real test.

One of the knocks on Jackson has been the question of can he come from behind. Does his play style only allow you to build and maintain a lead?

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:
    He can come from behind as last night showed but I’m not sure if Indys defense is a real test.

One of the knocks on Jackson has been the question of can he come from behind. Does his play style only allow you to build and maintain a lead?

He plays down hill very well. Indy isn’t deep enough yet to go toe to toe for 4 quarters. They flat out ran out of gas.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.