Home Sports Talk
Options

The world vs American & Canadian sport fans

electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

A friend from Europe and i went to a major sporting event in Canada,he wondered why the visiting team's fans were sitting side by side with the home team's fans i mentioned that it was no problem,he declared that over in Europe you were asking for trouble,let's say that you went with a couple of friends to a game in a jersey and your seat was among hundreds of fans from the other side...

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's because Canada and the USA are civilized countries playing non-ridiculous sports.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    that's because Canada and the USA are civilized countries playing non-ridiculous sports.

I heard that over in Europe they play a game where all they do for 90 minutes is kick around a ball and once a week or so, one of the teams will score a goal.

they are asking for fan fights, making them endure such boredom.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

European beer is a lot stronger than American beer.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think that's bad, you should see Mexico on hard liquor, they're crazy.

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Great responses guys!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think a lot of it goes back literally to the Middle Ages, these countries went to war with each other so often like it was cool, I’m sure deep rooted hatred still runs through the blood of many a European