Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Weird Scratch Pattern on new PSA Slab

Anyone ever get a slab back that has a massive dot-scratch pattern on the back and the edges?

Won't rub off so definitely are scratches/etches..!

Comments

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Oh boy. How can quality control let this out the door? Hope this is an isolated case. Sorry to see this.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

Never mind..... it must be some sort of chemical reaction.....

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just laughed my a$$ off over your new avatar.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

on a side note, ive also noticed a similar pattern on some slabs fresh from the PSA boxes due to the bubble wrap. it makes the little dots appear on the slabs. but they can be easily buffed away.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:
    on a side note, ive also noticed a similar pattern on some slabs fresh from the PSA boxes due to the bubble wrap. it makes the little dots appear on the slabs. but they can be easily buffed away.

Yeah, unfortunately with these ones, I can basically file my nails with them!

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2021 11:20AM

At least unlike CGC no Newtons Rings.

If it's any consolation you now pay more than ever before for PSA to damage your goods or in this case your slabs. I'm sure they will re-holder and send them back sometime in 2023 or beyond.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    CzoneCzone Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I had a different quality control issue with my last order. I just noticed last night  that many of my slabs had what looked like about a 1 inch wide scrape or discolored mark running vertically down the inside of the top slab dead center of card.

It appears almost fogged up but must be made from a roller or something mechanical to get such straight streaks. Doesn't show up in my scans and I didn't even notice until the sun hit them just right. Has anybody experienced anything similar?

I'm going to see if it will show up in a photo.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:
    Anyone ever get a slab back that has a massive dot-scratch pattern on the back and the edges?

Won't rub off so definitely are scratches/etches..!

>

there was an issue a while back, which has been corrected, with the foam protective inserts psa was using inside the brown 20ct boxes. different pattern obviously, but same effect. and was not easily removable either.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

This almost sounds to me like PSA could be getting slabs that are made from inferior plastic. I don't know if they're coming from China or somewhere else, but it should probably be looked into.

Steve

• Options
    edited October 11, 2021 10:44PM

@SDSportsFan said:
    This almost sounds to me like PSA could be getting slabs that are made from inferior plastic. I don't know if they're coming from China or somewhere else, but it should probably be looked into.

Steve

theyve prolly always have come from china, right? coulda just been a bad batch, especially w the shortages in raw materials and especially knowing theyve came from china. no need to call in columbo or lt. kendra just yet, i wouldnt think. 😉

• Options

• Options

Here's what I was talking about. Markings are on inside of top slab. Would this be something that PSA would replace? I've never had any problems with their customer service over the years but then again I've never tried to return anything.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2021 11:57AM

they should definitely replace that.

eta: and weird, those are what the outside of the slabs used to look like when they were using those other foam protectors.

• Options

Thanks Blurry,
    Cards looked great until around Happy Hour when the sun must hit them just right. Initially, I thought the tequila was giving me super vision.