doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which one is the better athlete?

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lamar Jackson.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jackson is a better athlete but Murray is starting to prove he is the better quarterback. This year his passing has improved but very tough to tell because his weapons are far superior. Jury is still out.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Very interesting indeed, mustache Jerry Jones likes it.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kyler Murray 100% for me

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2021 8:59AM

Me.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Me.

Mustache Jerry Jones doesn't approve. He's got his eye on you.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kyler Murray no question.......

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

i think double d was baiting me into responding. ok i'll play

take 4 minutes and 14 seconds of your day to watch this. there's the lethal combination of speed and quickness, but also take note of the number of big hits he takes. none. dude is so savvy when it comes to knowing when to get out of bounds and when to hit the ground. when he hurt his shoulder running last season it was a total fluke, because a defender hit him in the back as he was going to the ground. he will not get injured often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfqY1aCJzk4

but then it always boils down to the people who think he's too small and can't throw. that's when i just chuckle. one stat for you thru 4 weeks:

only 6 of his 113 pass attempts -- or 5.5% -- this season have been off-target incompletions, making him the most accurate quarterback in the NFL at the moment.

currently he's 2nd in QBR behind some guy named Mahomes.

but the thing i like most about Murray (and i've noticed this going all the way back to his high school days) is that he possesses an arrogant confidence. when he steps on the field he thinks he's the best player on it, and he's ready to destroy someone. you even pick this up when he's talking.

there's a sizable gap between the two quarterbacks mentioned in this thread, and it's only going to get bigger

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i think double d was baiting me into responding. ok i'll play

take 4 minutes and 14 seconds of your day to watch this. there's the lethal combination of speed and quickness, but also take note of the number of big hits he takes. none. dude is so savvy when it comes to knowing when to get out of bounds and when to hit the ground. when he hurt his shoulder running last season it was a total fluke, because a defender hit him in the back as he was going to the ground. he will not get injured often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfqY1aCJzk4

but then it always boils down to the people who think he's too small and can't throw. that's when i just chuckle. one stat for you thru 4 weeks:

only 6 of his 113 pass attempts -- or 5.5% -- this season have been off-target incompletions, making him the most accurate quarterback in the NFL at the moment.

currently he's 2nd in QBR behind some guy named Mahomes.

but the thing i like most about Murray (and i've noticed this going all the way back to his high school days) is that he possesses an arrogant confidence. when he steps on the field he thinks he's the best player on it, and he's ready to destroy someone. you even pick this up when he's talking.

there's a sizable gap between the two quarterbacks mentioned in this thread, and it's only going to get bigger

I knew you'd show, we've been waiting.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Athlete was the question. Not a huge difference as athletes. Big difference as quarterbacks. Murray is a better passer and hence the better QB. I know @galaxy27 is a huge Murray fan and if he keeps playing at this high state I’m becoming one. As you know I’m not a fan of running QB’s. I think their chances of injuries are greater and career shorter. I don’t like Allen running. A few called runs a game is a all I can stomach

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

better athlete --- Lamar Jackson.
    better QB --- Kyler Murray.
    plays for better Team --- Kyler Murray.

if they played for each other's Team it might be Lamar Jackson winning all three.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2021 12:08AM

Lamar Jackson is the better athlete and it's not particularly close IMHO. He's bigger, faster, stronger.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree with Mark, Jackson is the better athlete. I am sure he can run faster, jump higher etc.

as an aside, is it true that Murray is really only 5'6"? is he the shortest starting QB ever?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.