Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Price Fluctuation

I have a Banks rookie - PSA 1. Just looked up recent sales data. What do you think causes such extreme price fluctuations on the same card with the same grade? Time of year of the auction (spring training in this case)? One seller being well known vs another? I’ve never sold a graded card… could understand trending up or down, but the wide ranges in a short time seem odd. Thoughts?

Always looking for 1950's Graded Banks Cards

Comments

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA 1 has the widest fluctuation of card condition of any grade. As the lowest grade they can present very differently. Look at the one sold on 2/6 - should be the lowest on the page.

• Options

Agree with @brad31 on how PSA 1 sales can fluctuate widely. Also, the one sold by PWCC on 3/30/21 is autographed and authenticated by PSA/DNA, which helps explains the $1,413.88 sold price. I have no idea why the one sold on 3/07/2021 would sell for $1,600. That one is a mystery to me. Maybe someone just hit but it now and didn't know the market value. Also, might be a case where it presents really well, but has some paper loss on the back or something. Hard to say.