Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Dallas Card Investors???

Anyone have any experience with cross-over from a card graded by Dallas Card Investors at a show? Looking at a few vintage that they "graded", and number aside, I'm more concerned about authenticity than anything else. Thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know who they are. You are not going to get a cross because it is two guys opinion. It is not a grade. You paid $10 or whatever you paid for them to put a sticker on it in a CS1 and give their opinion. It is next to worthless and has ZERO value add. No one can guarantee any opinion.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would take DCI "opinion" with a very small grain of salt. next to worthless in my opinion

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2021 3:32PM

Having lived through highs of the market and seeing several companies like Pro,usa, isa and so many others. I thing it actual makes the card go negative value and I would guess fake or trimmed. To early to judge but that is the history of others similar. These guys don’t even have a slab.

Add to that Dallas Card Show grading, I do not care how strict Kyle (owner of the shop and the guy that puts on the Dallas Card show) grades it is ZERO value add.

He can grade stricter than PSA and his grades hold no value. Why not just put the card in a top loader until you can get a grading company with a historical track record to grade it. I am PSA only but if someone else wanted to use BGS/BVG, SGC or maybe even CSG at least it is a reputable company that can add value over raw, and not just flushing hobby funds down the toilet

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2021 6:20PM

One example that was shown on here a few months ago was a 1956 Topps Jackie Robinson.
    Dallas gave it a 6. And auctioned on ebay.
    It sold for less than what a PSA 1 sells for.
    Sooo
    Maybe if D gave it an 8-9 it might sell for 2-3 range? No clue.

@handyman said:
    One example that was shown on here a few months ago was a 1956 Topps Jackie Robinson.
    Dallas gave it a 6. And auctioned on ebay.
    It sold for less than what a PSA 1 sells for.
    Sooo
    Maybe if D gave it an 8-9 it might sell for 2-3 range? No clue.

that was not a DCS 6, it was a Dallas Card Investors 6. Which was probably a switched out card because that card was miscut and rough. That being said still a waste of money.

I found a DCS 10 1990 Fleer Jordan. It sold for an opening bid of 29.99. They have a 9.5 level to, so their Pristine carries no premium,

• Always appreciate the comments here! Thanks for the info!