Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

I got this 1923 Silver certificate as part of a gun trade. Opinions wanted on the grade.

Trade $'s

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

With just these flat photos, I’d say it’s somewhere between VF and XF. Are you able to photograph the note with side lighting ? Here’s an example…

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with Steve, I'd put it at VF35. If only quarterfolded, it's an XF but with the horizontal fold, choice VF, with nice original paper. It's the slightly better Fr. 238 signature combination.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with above on the importance of folds, also the crispness of the corners are key. Nice note. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a difference it made to take the pictures with the light shining across it. Here's the new pics.

Trade $'s
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the photos. I’d call it a really nice VF. Get it into a quality currency sleeve.