Home Autographs Forum
Options

Magnum PI Autographs

mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭

This is probably a long shot and a post more suited to a specialty site for Magnum fans, but it's worth a shot.

I have long been a fan of the show, since the original airing days. I ended up getting my family into the show (including my boys, both born after the show ran) after I got the complete run on DVD as a Christmas gift about 10 years ago.

Somewhere along the way, it occurred to me that it would be neat to collect signatures of some of the cast. I started with the big 4, then began to dig deeper. I went so far as to try to locate every relevant re-occurring character and even some of the better known smaller bit part actors. There are some I'd take, but probably won't chase, like TC's kids or characters like that, but any of the regular adult characters that made the show what it was, I was seeking.

The downside is I waited too long, making some of the signatures a little harder to track down. The show ended it's 8 year run in 1988. Combined with the fact that most of the regulars didn't exactly have epic careers outside of Magnum, even finding a copy for sale of some can be challenging.

Can anyone offer or point me in the direction of a Glenn Cannon signature? Cannon placed Doc Ibold. He is really the only regular character I have not been able to track down so far.. Cannon did a bit of acting before settling in Hawaii in 1968 and stayed there until his death in 2013. I know he also taught acting at the University of Hawaii for 45 years, while having parts in local shows and movies throughout his time in Hawaii.

I would also be interested (possibly) is upgrading certain signatures if anyone had any to part with.

A couple of those i am looking to potentially upgrade:

Donald Bellisario
Joe Santos
Jean Bruce Scott
Elisha Cook Jr
Eugene Roche

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea for a collection.

Not sure on a source. I suspect that constantly scouring Ebay is your best bet.