Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1984-85 Star Company Court Kings 50 Card Autograph Set - Beckett Authenticated

Hello all,

After a 4 month wait, I received this gorgeous set back from Beckett. A little back story. In 2017, I purchased this ungraded set from Steve Hart via Facebook during the National. Cost was $3,000 as part of a larger lot of boxes, cards, etc. This set sat in my safe for out of sight, out of mind. During COVID, I decided to look through my collection and was reminded how great this set presented. Large 5x7 cards that are home to rare large, vintage era signatures. Every card is autographed in blue ink. Each card has a distinct yellow (cards 1-25) or blue (cards 26-50) border, with each of the 25 cards releasing in a bagged set. Includes are signatures for 24 NBA Hall of Famers and 4 deceased players. This was an uneven period of time for basketball cards as this set was released shortly after Topps stopped producing cards and before Fleer started their foray into NBA cardboard. It is argued in the Star basketball community that the Michael Jordan #26 may be his first professional issue card. The old style Jordan autograph (grade 8) is stunning and a work of art itself. I love the pre-Upper Deck Jordan signature.

Overall, the cards were graded Authentic and the autograph grades vary from grade 8 to grade 10, with most receiving 8. The cost to grade the set was about $2700. Hope everyone enjoys this piece of basketball card history. I'll do a YouTube video in the near future.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.

Comments