Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Is there a way to size a photo to display like a TRUEVIEW?

On pieces where I do not have a trueview image I like to replicate the photo format with my own side by side photo. However when you view the image photos in the set gallery these are always smaller than the TV.

QUESTION - is there an ability or trick to upload a photo so they would be like the TV in display size. When you look at the photos one by one they are the same viewing size on the screen ... just not when you view them in the portfolio view.

Ref to the partial screen shot example below to understand my sizing/viewing question. -- Thanks

Comments

  • Options
    JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

    My guess is that You need a photo program - so You can adjust the photo size

    My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold

  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You should have no problem if camera is made for the task.
    Remember can't means wont. Make ready takes time and is essential for quality.

  • Options
    AlanLastufkaAlanLastufka Posts: 188 ✭✭✭✭

    None of the above posters understand what you're asking, the answer is no. PCGS wants to showcase their TrueViews and want you to pay for TrueViews, so they display them larger than your self uploaded photos.

  • Options
    retirednowretirednow Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @AlanLastufka said:
    None of the above posters understand what you're asking, the answer is no. PCGS wants to showcase their TrueViews and want you to pay for TrueViews, so they display them larger than your self uploaded photos.

    Alanlastufka
    Thank you for the reply ... I feel you are correct - I tried to save the exact dimensions with the large Pixel size and they still came out small . I did surf other registry's sets where member loaded their own photos and none were as large an image in the Gallery portfolio view as the TV's. My images look the same size when I run them "photo to photo" view but not in the large multi picture view you have when you hit the gallery icon

    @LCS said:
    You need to get a program like photoshop... here are some examples of what u can do...

    As far as LCS ... really nice display and photos. Very slick - I have taken my photos and display them in a format looking like coin albums but but I use my MS Power Point ... in fact I can get similar results with a power point program and I like the easy editing - of course I cannot play around as much with the image correction - and it harder to edit out the "Holes" on my Patterns pieces (Eastman coins of 1883/84).

    In any case thank you all for commenting and suggestions

  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Maybe making a side by side collage out of the true view obverse and reverse images in photoshop will make the true view images as small as the non-true views. Then they would all be the same size

    Mr_Spud

  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If you have your own custom TrueView like photo it will always show up smaller than the TrueView photos as you scroll through the Registry photos. It doesn’t matter how large you make your side by side it will always be smaller than the TV.

  • Options
    retirednowretirednow Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @robec said:
    If you have your own custom TrueView like photo it will always show up smaller than the TrueView photos as you scroll through the Registry photos. It doesn’t matter how large you make your side by side it will always be smaller than the TV.

    Agree ... I had tried that as a trial a while back and it was still smaller. I think the post above by AlanLastufka caught the issue.

    Thanks for all the suggestions and comments

  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2021 7:36AM

    @retirednow said:
    On pieces where I do not have a trueview image I like to replicate the photo format with my own side by side photo. However when you view the image photos in the set gallery these are always smaller than the TV.

    QUESTION - is there an ability or trick to upload a photo so they would be like the TV in display size. When you look at the photos one by one they are the same viewing size on the screen ... just not when you view them in the portfolio view.

    Ref to the partial screen shot example below to understand my sizing/viewing question. -- Thanks

    That's interesting, the new TrueViews have a 2:1 aspect ratio so I would imagine that would work. Are your images exactly twice as wide as they are high?

  • Options
    retirednowretirednow Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Zoins said:

    That's interesting, the new TrueViews have a 2:1 aspect ratio so I would imagine that would work. Are your images exactly twice as wide as they are high?

    yes and no ...when they were an exact aspect ratio there was no difference in the look in the gallery ... so now I have settled a my own ratio/format. As a test I had taken a TV downloaded mage ( a MAX Size one and regular size) and re-uploaded them into the gallery and they still appear smaller even though t was a PCGS TV image. So I think the answer is that there is no way to make your own upload photos size to fit the gallery image size of the PCGS uploaded images

    Thanks for the thought

Sign In or Register to comment.