Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Rare 2 dollar star note?

coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 30, 2021 6:07PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

I was going through my safe, and I came accross this two dollar bill I have had in there for a while. I looked it up and it seems only 16k were printed. I am guessing this is worth more than two dollars?

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2021 12:53AM

Really nice deuce @coinandcurrency242, but I wouldn’t label it as rare. Although 16K is a low print run, all of these were sold at the BEP Money Store and went directly into collectors hands. Low numbered, matched Premium FRN sets numbered from 00000001* through 00002073* were released In November 2004 for a hefty premium of $495 per set. Many of the sets were plagued with oil contamination along the lower margin and other sets had poor centering. The remaining, higher numbered notes sold individually starting in December 2005 for $7.95 each.

As far as value goes, many fancy and low serial numbered examples sell for thousands of dollars, but ordinary numbers sell for approximately $100. I was fortunate to get a matched 4-digit district set many years ago. This is my New York district replacement note and the leatherette holder for the set.

• mosjcoinmosjcoin Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

I got 9 out of a set awhile back.