Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Graded pack storage

I recently got a sub back with graded Pokémon packs. I was not aware that the slabs are so much bigger that those for cards (I really didn't give it any thought beforehand).

How do you store your graded packs, since they really don't fit in a standard PSA-graded card storage case/box?

Comments

• swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

I've recently bought a few graded packs and have wondered something similar, but my question is do they make graded pack sleeves or oversized sleeves for larger slabs like '64 Topps Giants like they do graded card sleeves?

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use Pelican V600 vault cases with custom cut foam inserts which work great for both new and older PSA pack holders. Each case securely holds about 100 packs.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • @grote15 said:
    I use Pelican V600 vault cases with custom cut foam inserts which work great for both new and older PSA pack holders. Each case securely holds about 100 packs.

Very nice! And thanks so much for the photos! Whenever PSA resumes pack grading (at the lower service level) I'll be needing space for 100s of graded packs.

Online descriptions and images indicate it comes with '5 layers of foam' - was that your experience, and how many layers did you need to cut to accommodate the height of the pack cases?

~Brian

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

I thought PSA was still grading packs?

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • They are - starting at $100 for 'prime pack' (declared value up to $2499). The packs I want to grade are value less than $250 (some less than $10).

Note my mention of 'at the lower service level'. I'd like to be paying $40 (or less) per pack for grading.