Home Sports Talk
Options

Welcome back Josh Gordon and Richard Sherman!!

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two cast-offs who are probably washed up or on the brink have returned to the NFL, thanks to the expanded 53-man rosters and the way Teams can move players around. Gordon goes to the Chiefs and Sherman to the Bucs.

Is it any surprise that players who have little left in the tank hope for a resurgence on two of the principal Teams in the NFL?? These guys refuse to see the writing on the wall and retire for good.

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tik tik tik tik till Mr.Gordon gets suspended again…. I wish him success though.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

This should be interesting.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

i doubt very highly that this juice is going to be worth the squeeze

these moves reek of desperation by two teams that realize they're not even the best in their own conference

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

both of these players had brief, albeit impressive careers.

I had the chance to see Gordon play with the Browns and he showed HOF talent: speed, quickness, good hands and the ability to get open. during 2013 he had three consecutive games with 200+ yards receiving and seemed as though he was on the verge of greatness. everyone knows the rest of the story and the talent wasted, but for a brief time he was impressive.

Sherman rose and fell almost as quickly the Seattle Seahawks and probably would have had a really good career if not for injuries, especially the achilles rupture.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really dont see either of these as major pickups. gordon at this point is a has been. speed is gone. Sherman at 33 will probably have a bigger role as secondary coach than corner back

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    both of these players had brief, albeit impressive careers.

I had the chance to see Gordon play with the Browns and he showed HOF talent: speed, quickness, good hands and the ability to get open. during 2013 he had three consecutive games with 200+ yards receiving and seemed as though he was on the verge of greatness. everyone knows the rest of the story and the talent wasted, but for a brief time he was impressive.

Sherman rose and fell almost as quickly the Seattle Seahawks and probably would have had a really good career if not for injuries, especially the achilles rupture.

Sherman's interception against San Francisco in the playoffs will live forever in Seahawks lore. He's a brilliant guy, too.

But he's washed up and won't help Tampa.