Home Sports Talk
Options

Why is everyone in on Hurts, Tua and Fields?

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s no secret I’m not a fan of any of the above QB’s but the pundits continue to swoon over them.
Tua and Miami. Picking Miami to make the playoffs. They were on almost 90% of playoff boards. Tua was pulled last year and Fitzmagic was inserted for Miami wins even after Tua was named the starter.
Was there a blackout week 17 when Buffalo 2nd stringers scored 28 points in 30 minutes and totaled 56?
Hurts and Philly. Seen enough last night? I’m not talking just the interceptions. The play was a 6 yard pass to a TE out of his own end zone and missed by 2 ft and almost was a pick 6.
Fields and Matt Nagy. I’m not hanging everything on Fields but he’s slow to read, slow to react and fast to run. You can get away with it high school, sometimes in college but this is a big boy league. DE’s run you down with a slight angle. 6 completions for 1 yard net passing. Chicago had 200 days to get him ready to play and this is their reward.
This isn’t the 80’s where rookies are given a few years to be good. This is 2021 when you see Joe Burrows on the worst team in the league ball out last year. Justin Herbert on 1 minute notice took KC to overtime in his first game.
I just don’t see the flashes of greatness. Give me something. Fellow fans of these 3 teams, I’m sorry but they just don’t have it. Change my mind.

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2021 5:02AM

Chicago had 200 days to get him ready to play and this is their reward
    I think you're smart enough to know this isn't true. when Fields was drafted, I'm assuming your 200 day start, nothing was done to prepare him as the starter during the 2021 season. that franchise is in turmoil, that means to me that it's hard to understand what they are doing. Justin Fields' preparation really began when Andy Dalton was injured and then it was slowed by "guiding" him with a game-plan that had the appearance of helping him fail.

This is 2021 when you see Joe Burrows BTW, it's Burrow, sans (s).
    Joe Burrow is fortunate he is able to play this season. the "Cincy experiment" last year was a bad one because they had no one telling him to stop holding the ball, throw it and move on to the next play. that's why he was injured, holding onto the ball for someone to come open. if he continues that bad habit he'll be injured again.

Justin Herbert on 1 minute notice
    I haven't watched him very much but my sense is that the Chargers put some pieces in place before they drafted him. the guy I sort of feel sorry for is Tyrod Taylor. he's a pretty good QB with excellent pocket presence. look at the trajectory of his career, replaced by Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Justin Herbert before moving on to Texas. Wow!!

Jalen Hurts is a second year rookie QB right now playing on a terrible Team that seems to be the equal of the Bears in a negative direction. Tua seems injury prone and as a southpaw it's weird to watch him play and it might be hard to design things. everyone is accustomed to thinking right and playing like that, thinking left means everything is backwards.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, it's too early to see where Hurts and Fields are, and as far as Tua goes, I think he could be a good quarterback but he just stays injured too much.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2021 5:35AM

Tua is not a great QB in my opinion and highly overrated. Until Nagy is fired nobody will know a thing about Fields. Hurts is good mobile QB who will get better, I’d take him 100.% over Wentz

• Options

@keets Tyrod Taylor is a pros pro. His teammates love him and he takes care of the ball. Poor guy can’t catch a break.
    Buffalo drafted Allen. He got hurt in Cleveland and Mayfield took over and we know the story in L. A.
    Of course it’s too early to give up on any of the above but is it too early to start making long term evaluations.
    I just hated the hype on the 2021 draft class. Before a single pass was thrown the 1983 draft class was being compared to this bunch.
    My thoughts are these QB’s by mid season should show marked improvement or…
    I’ll add if Nagy is is still coach we need to give Fields a pass until the inevitable coaching change.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

i think the naysayers need to tap the brakes on Fields

for crying out loud the guy is in the intensive care unit after his very first start thanks to one of the sorriest head coaches in the history of organized football

let's allow him to be brought back to life and play a little football first

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

for crying out loud the guy is in the intensive care unit after his very first start thanks to one of the sorriest head coaches in the history of organized football

Agreed. That’s why I said we probably won’t know until Nagy is fired. I mean the jury should still be out on Trubitsky too

• Options

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

Agreed. That’s why I said we probably won’t know until Nagy is fired. I mean the jury should still be out on Trubitsky too

Trubisky is going to be a starting QB sooner than later and the Bills will earn a couple of pretty nice draft choices for him
    For right now I’m elated he’s on the Bills.
    50 starts 29 wins 64% completion
    10K yards 64 TD 37 INT

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Just because you have "talent & promise" as a young quarterback does not equate to being great. The league has had a ton of "those guys" and a handful become great......some become good or average.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

@steel75 said:
    Just because you have "talent & promise" as a young quarterback does not equate to being great. The league has had a ton of "those guys" and a handful become great......some become good or average.

And another 100 are working for McDonald’s

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Tua is not a great QB in my opinion and highly overrated.

Yep!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@perkdog said:
    Tua is not a great QB in my opinion and highly overrated.

Yep!

His little brother is finding college a bit over his head. Remember hype until there’s nothing left to hype. 100 yards passing and 5 interceptions today.
    If you can’t stand out in college ( for good reasons) you better get a degree

W.C.Fields