Home Sports Talk
Options

Shannon Sharpe's two cents

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shannon Sharpe says the Patriots could be 3-0 with Cam Newton right now.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shannon Sharpe is a blubbering idiot who try’s to be like Max Kellerman by getting press for his stupid outlandish comments.

• Options

Oh and someone needs to remind that idiot that there is valid reasons why NOBODY called Newton in for his services

• Options
    edited September 27, 2021 12:00PM

Uhhk I just flat out don’t like Shannon Sharpe. His Brother was one of my favorites though

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Uhhk I just flat out don’t like Shannon Sharpe. His Brother was one of my favorites though

I can't stand him either, he's got such a big mouth.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Shannon Sharpe is a blubbering idiot who try’s to be like Max Kellerman by getting press for his stupid outlandish comments.

They’re no different than the blowhards we have on local sports talk radio here. Felger,Mazz,Merloni,Tanguay,BigO,Beetle,Goodman....they’re all the same. Say something stupid to reel in the viewers/listeners/readers.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, we get that you don't like the comment-er, but what about the comment??

it isn't out of the question to believe that with Cam Newton at QB the Patriots would have beaten the Dolphins, I believe with Cam Newton at QB that they would have beaten the Jets. although Mac Jones played poorly against the Saints I don't feel confident that the result would have been different with Cam Newton. maybe a closer game but the Saints are tougher than people think. that means that by my measure I believe Cam newton would have the Patriots at 2-1.

here's the thing: everyone understands that Mac Jones is the long term planned QB for New England, that what he does will be restrained by Belichick to keep him safe and build his confidence. the take away for me is that Cam Newton at this point in time is a better QB than Mac Jones and would almost certainly have given the Patriots a better opportunity to win games.

I wish they'd just accept what the Patriots did and find something else to debate.

• Options
    edited September 27, 2021 1:14PM

I hate the way Shannon says Skip's name. He says skeeeeeeeiiiiiiiip!

• Options

No, correction, he says skeeeeeeeeeeeeeup.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    OK, we get that you don't like the comment-er, but what about the comment??

it isn't out of the question to believe that with Cam Newton at QB the Patriots would have beaten the Dolphins, I believe with Cam Newton at QB that they would have beaten the Jets. although Mac Jones played poorly against the Saints I don't feel confident that the result would have been different with Cam Newton. maybe a closer game but the Saints are tougher than people think. that means that by my measure I believe Cam newton would have the Patriots at 2-1.

here's the thing: everyone understands that Mac Jones is the long term planned QB for New England, that what he does will be restrained by Belichick to keep him safe and build his confidence. the take away for me is that Cam Newton at this point in time is a better QB than Mac Jones and would almost certainly have given the Patriots a better opportunity to win games.

I wish they'd just accept what the Patriots did and find something else to debate.

i don't think he played that poorly the oline sucks they don't protect him and the big money tight ends are useless

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

They’re no different than the blowhards we have on local sports talk radio here. Felger,Mazz,Merloni,Tanguay,BigO,Beetle,Goodman....they’re all the same. Say something stupid to reel in the viewers/listeners/readers.

Agreed. That’s why I do t listen to them whatsoever.

• Options

And to clear up any confusion coming from me, I think Cam Newton Sucks as much as I dislike Shannon Sharpe. The Pats would be 3-0 with Tom Brady in a Pats uniform but NOT with Newton.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whose to say Cam would have even played three straight games while being unvaccinated? This is the same guy that actually missed a game last season due to Covid.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

zero chance the Patriots would be 3-0 with Cam.

just wouldn't happen

the man simply cannot throw the ball accurately anymore

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shannon Sharpe is yet another TV personality just spouting nonsense to try and generate clicks and fodder for news stories.

Hits brother was the better player and the better analyst.