Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

FedEx ???

gene1978gene1978 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭
edited September 30, 2021 12:03PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

UPDATE
The package showed up the next day. Not sure what happened but it here and that is all that matters.

FedEx just delivered all these cards to the incorrect address. They said it was signed for by me.
They just came back from SGC valued at about $11K. So pissed right now. I have opened a claim for a lost package but still most of these came back better than I expected so they are under insurance by a couple grand. Anyone had this issue?

GOOD BST DEALS: cohodk, mikescoins, GritsMan, spinaker2000,
My Ebay Auctions

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 11:37AM

@gene1978 said:
    FedEx just delivered all these cards to the incorrect address. They said it was signed for by me.
    They just came back from SGC valued at about $11K. So pissed right now. I have opened a claim for a lost package but still most of these came back better than I expected so they are under insurance by a couple grand. Anyone had this issue?

fedex is pretty good at recovering packages. did you request a copy of the actual shipping label. the fedex site usually just lists the town, the zip and a signature, if obtained. scammers on ebay took advantage of this for years bc it would trick ebays system into thinking the package was truly delivered when the scammer actually just sent a blank box to a random person in the same town w same zip and it shows delivered. it released the money to scammer and then had ebayer and fedex pointing fingers at each other only to find out later down the road, the address was never right to begin with.

9/10 the packages address is not transcribed properly thus appearing to be misdelivered. however w their technology, they know exactly where your package was dropped off if it was truly misdelivered.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@gene1978 said:

fedex is pretty good at recovering packages. did you request a copy of the actual shipping label. the fedex site usually just lists the town, the zip and a signature, if obtained. scammers on ebay took advantage of this for years bc it would trick ebays system into thinking the package was truly delivered when the scammer actually just sent a blank box to a random person in the same town w same zip and it shows delivered. it released the money to scammer and then had ebayer and fedex pointing fingers at each other only to find out later down the road, the address was never right to begin with.

9/10 the packages address is not transcribed properly thus appearing to be misdelivered. however w their technology, they know exactly where your package was dropped off if it was truly misdelivered.

It was missdelivered and signed for. I work from home and was home when the text that it was signed for.

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

@gene1978 said:

@blurryface said:

@gene1978 said:

It was missdelivered and signed for. I work from home and was home when the text that it was signed for.

correct. are you sure sgc entered the right address though?

ie. 1867 first street, nw vs 1687 first street, sw?

• Options

@blurryface said:

@gene1978 said:

@blurryface said:

@gene1978 said:

correct. are you sure sgc entered the right address though?

ie. 1867 first street, nw vs 1687 first street, sw?

FedEx said it was correctly entered. There are only 3 house on my street. No similar streets in our town.

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

What you will hate even more is once FedEx denies the insurance because technically they don't insure cards as collectibles..

I was FedEx for 30 yrs.
    But insist on driver coming back to recover pkg.
    The current drivers Suck.. Lol

• Options

@picklepete said:
    What you will hate even more is once FedEx denies the insurance because technically they don't insure cards as collectibles..

I was FedEx for 30 yrs.

That will suck because $6000 of this is stuff on consignment to me. Why would these grading companies use something that does cover what in the package is stupid.

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

@picklepete said:

I was FedEx for 30 yrs.

i agree, its like most of them are the ground guys nowadays. used to be a huge difference between the two. and while correct about fedex’s policy for collectibles, theres no need to freak op out any further. the fact these are coming FROM sgc, id say they have an outside policy and not paying the redonk rate fedex does charge for insurance.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

They have GPS coordinates on exactly where it was signed for
    They know exactly what is up.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options

@gene1978 said:

@picklepete said:

I was FedEx for 30 yrs.

That will suck because $6000 of this is stuff on consignment to me. Why would these grading companies use something that does cover what in the package is stupid.

then you should definitely have your own insurance, shipping and various other types. both to protect yourself and not get raped by paying shipping insurance. collectinsure.com. a dealer policy would cover the cards to and fro and would pay for itself after a few shipments of paying fedex’s absurd rate, which like pickle said, wont even end up covering collectibles which is the absolute truth.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which FedEx was used? Express or Ground? I know Ground service has been horrible due to a severe driver shortage. I guess those routes are mainly outsourced.

Mike
  • Options

@ndleo said:
    Which FedEx was used? Express or Ground? I know Ground service has been horrible due to a severe driver shortage. I guess those routes are mainly outsourced.

Express.

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

@blurryface said:

@gene1978 said:

@picklepete said:

I was FedEx for 30 yrs.

then you should definitely have your own insurance, shipping and various other types. both to protect yourself and not get raped by paying shipping insurance. collectinsure.com. a dealer policy would cover the cards to and fro and would pay for itself after a few shipments of paying fedex’s absurd rate, which like pickle said, wont even end up covering collectibles which is the absolute truth.

Thanks. I will check it out.

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whenever I get a package from PSA sent via fedex, if you have the app, they can deliver it to the nearest fedex store. I just do that so I can pick it up on my own time rather than worry about signing it over having it sit on my front porch, etc.

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

@Rofles said:
    Whenever I get a package from PSA sent via fedex, if you have the app, they can deliver it to the nearest fedex store. I just do that so I can pick it up on my own time rather than worry about signing it over having it sit on my front porch, etc.

THIS RIGHT HERE ! ^^
    Once I get a notification from PSA on a shipment I redirected to the store so it's not possibly left at my front door and there's no issues and plus my store is right across the street so it comes in handy..

• Options

@picklepete said:

@Rofles said:

THIS RIGHT HERE ! ^^
    Once I get a notification from PSA on a shipment I redirected to the store so it's not possibly left at my front door and there's no issues and plus my store is right across the street so it comes in handy..

I will do this the nest time. I do not trust the driver that delivers to my house anymore.

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

FedEx ground has been utter trash lately. I also rerouted to the nearest FedEx drop point, a DG a quarter mile away.

UPS when it is loaded on the truck, you get a link to a map that shows where the truck is all day. Love this for my HGA returns.

My PSA smaller subs have come via USPS and bigger ones via FedEx Express, which I also have now holding packages at the depot for me.