Home Sports Talk

Big Ben Roethlisberger......washed up!

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 27, 2021 10:46AM in Sports Talk

Hang it up Ben, please. Just look at this video of his performance yesterday.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just horrible, come on Ben.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 10:50AM

Yet that’s the same guy that beat the “vaunted” Buffalo Bills on their own home field. :D

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

he looked slow in that game, inaccurate and tentative with his throws. I cannot believe Cincinnati is that good on defense and was surprised at how inept Pittsburgh looked. the drop=off for them is stark and I'm sure all my friends who follow them are having a rough day today.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Yet that’s the same guy that beat the “vaunted” Buffalo Bills on their own home field. :D

One touchdown for their offense against the Bills. Not like he ran amok. I take the Bills to beat the Steelers 9 out of 10 times.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

One touchdown for their offense against the Bills. Not like he ran amok. I take the Bills to beat the Steelers 9 out of 10 times.

One touchdown but his offense still made the plays they needed in that second half while putting enough points on the board to win on the road.
    You make take the Bills to beat the Steelers 9 times out of 10 but that isn’t happening on the field where Pittsburgh has won 11 of the last 14 games head to head. ;)

edited September 27, 2021 11:27AM

I can't take it anymore, I've chomping at the bit to use these photos of Big Ben's hair, they've been stored in my phone forever, they must be posted or I'll go mad!

Dang it, now I've got that silent film music from the video stuck in my head!

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

One touchdown but his offense still made the plays they needed in that second half while putting enough points on the board to win on the road.
    You make take the Bills to beat the Steelers 9 times out of 10 but that isn’t happening on the field where Pittsburgh has won 11 of the last 14 games head to head. ;)

There you go with past history again. Just like the Patriots. Buffalo is 1-1 in the last 2. Unlike the Steelers or Patriots the Bills didn’t have a franchise QB. They do now and the records will sway heavily in the next 5-10 years.
    But you can still watch the Steelers and Patriots Super Bowls on your VCR.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

There you go with past history again. Just like the Patriots. Buffalo is 1-1 in the last 2. Unlike the Steelers or Patriots the Bills didn’t have a franchise QB. They do now and the records will sway heavily in the next 5-10 years.

Sure they will lol, for all you know your franchise QB might be in another team’s jersey in 2-3 years. The first part of your comment comes off as “Sure you’ve been kicking my ass for years but someday I’ll finally beat you up” LOL.
    And I love the VCR/living in the past joke especially coming from the guy whose rocking the trench coat 30 years out of style . :D:D:D

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

Sure they will lol, for all you know your franchise QB might be in another team’s jersey in 2-3 years. The first part of your comment comes off as “Sure you’ve been kicking my ass for years but someday I’ll finally beat you up” LOL.
    And I love the VCR/living in the past joke especially coming from the guy whose rocking the trench coat 30 years out of style . :D:D:D

I beg your pardon. The trench coat went out of style 80 years ago. I’m trying to bring it back! How’s it looking?

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

I beg your pardon. The trench coat went out of style 80 years ago. I’m trying to bring it back! How’s it looking?

Robert Ludlum is rolling over in his grave lol. Creeping around Buffalo in that thing isn’t the same as making a dead drop behind the Iron Curtain. :D

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

Robert Ludlum is rolling over in his grave lol. Creeping around Buffalo in that thing isn’t the same as making a dead drop behind the Iron Curtain. :D

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

😂

W.C.Fields
  • LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems there's been this talk swirling around Big Ben before and he bounces back. This season is very young and Ben will return to his winning ways once again. I wouldn't count him out so quickly.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I can't take it anymore, I've chomping at the bit to use these photos of Big Ben's hair, they've been stored in my phone forever, they must be posted or I'll go mad!

ben burgundy :D

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

i think ben will be ok. that mustache though. holy cow

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    i think ben will be ok. that mustache though. holy cow

Yea these guys are trying to look outlandish for whatever reason, if they were not millionaires and we’re working at Walmart they wouldn’t have that look nor would they be married to their wives either.

edited September 28, 2021 10:07AM

I think he looked tired late last year. 4th and 10 and he throws a behind the line swing pass? Something is terribly wrong in Pittsburgh. An aside, yes they beat the Bills so they can put it together. Too early to count them out but it’s a tough division and 2 playoff teams might come out it but I don’t think it’s the Steelers

W.C.Fields