Home Sports Talk
Options

Cooper Kupp Slams Bucs

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kupp is the #1 offensive threat in the NFL. HEY.....The Rams and the Chargers beat both the Super Bowl teams. Today.....cool!

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

beating sure but just not in any actual super bowl

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    beating sure but just not in any actual super bowl

Yea, but if you're a Rams/Charger fan today was fun. Lot's of fun.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

You never want to be riding too high too early in the season. But yes, the LA duo definitely outdid last year's SB participants.

• Options
    edited September 26, 2021 9:07PM

@thisistheshow said:
    You never want to be riding too high too early in the season. But yes, the LA duo definitely outdid last year's SB participants.

It's a long season. Anything can and will happen. But right now.....the Rams are the best team in the league. By far. They crushed Tommy B. today. It can all change on a dime. Whatever......it's just a game.

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@thisistheshow said:

It's a long season. Anything can and will happen. But right now.....the Rams are the best team in the league. By far. They crushed Tommy B. today. It can all change on a dime. Whatever......it's just a game.

Rams look good. Looks like the trade worked out for them. Could very well be their year.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a long season. LA had TB's number on sunday. It will be interesting to see, if they meet again in the playoffs, how LA will fare against a TB defense at full power. sunday, no JPP, and the secondary was fairly decimated.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    Its a long season. LA had TB's number on sunday. It will be interesting to see, if they meet again in the playoffs, how LA will fare against a TB defense at full power. sunday, no JPP, and the secondary was fairly decimated.

When Brady was still a Patriot and we were in a similar situation, meaning we had a regular season match up that looked to be a potential playoff preview, I always felt better if we got our butts kicked or at least didn't win handily. That way I knew the team wouldn't rest on it's laurels.

• Options

^^^^ thats a good point. also, Brady holds grudges!

• Options

@craig44 said:
    ^^^^ thats a good point. also, Brady holds grudges!

He's in it for the ring, that's it. And when that's how you do things, you get everything else along the way.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

you have to feel bad for Matt Stafford stuck in detroit all those years

• Options
    edited September 27, 2021 9:29AM

@craig44 said:

If the Rams and Bucs meet up in the playoffs....... I would assume a Tampa Bay win. And.....it wouldn't bother me a bit. Brady is the best. That's just the way it is.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    you have to feel bad for Matt Stafford stuck in detroit all those years

I do feel good for stafford. the guy has hung in and played great for some terrible teams. I enjoy watching the Rams. a great team for sure

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 9:56AM

thisistheshow nailed it, right now is no time to be peaking or playing your best football. look at two Teams from last season after 11 games, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. one was 11-0 and the other was 7-4.
    --- the Steelers finished 1-4 and lost in the 1st round of Play-offs.
    --- Tampa Bay finished 4-1 and won the Super Bowl.

it's generally best to be playing your best after Thanksgiving Day.

• Options

I mean I feel good for Stafford in that he finally got out of Detroit.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kupp is the #1 offensive threat in the NFL

I'm not sure about that, I thin Tyreek Hill has yet to be overcome. however, Cooper Kupp certainly has one of the coolest names in the NFL right now.

I think the all-time best has to be I.M. Hipp, although his NFL career was quite brief. :p