Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How to respond to an inquiry about one of my sets on the Set Registry

I have received several inquiries about sets I have posted on the Set Registry, but I have no idea how to respond to that person. I receive an email notification, but there is no apparent way to respond. Here's the message I have received:

PSA Set Registry on behalf of 'Ryan' setregistry@collectors.com
To:
Ryan Jennings

Wed, Sep 22 at 2:24 PM

Hi! I hope you are well.

I just saw your collection on the Registry. Did you ever think of selling it?

Regards,

Ryan

Is there some way I can respond to the sender?

Comments

• Options
    davin72davin72 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

Don’t bother. Look 2 posts down and you will see who it is. They try to buy your cards for pennies.

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davin72 said:
    Don’t bother. Look 2 posts down and you will see who it is. They try to buy your cards for pennies.

Got it. Thank you.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Really
    avoid like the plague

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get one every few weeks or so.

I always respond.

nope.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

Just to bring this back up. I've gotten this email concerning two of my sets.

Based on the info in the email, and their eBay ID is sports-cards-forever, and they've got 7 negatives in the last 12 months.

That's a 'No thanks' from me.

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

ass hat

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

That Ryan guy has done this to me 14 times and I have told him to stop asking. Davin22 is correct I believe.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

I always enjoy the attempt to sound casual: "I just happened to notice your set. Did you ever think about selling it?"

• Options

I did some more research on this guy. From what I see he doesn’t even keep the cards on hand. Amazon has them and ships them for him. Anyone who has ever bought from Amazon knows they will just thro it in a box with no packing. He is just going to make a bad name for himself if he keeps doing business like this.

• Options

Agree with all of the above comments but getting back to the original question, all you need to do is select "reply" in your email like you would to any other email you want to respond to.

Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

@augustaman said:
    Agree with all of the above comments but getting back to the original question, all you need to do is select "reply" in your email like you would to any other email you want to respond to.

That’s if you don’t mind disclosing your email address. There is no way to respond without doing that unfortunately.

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

He lists cards at insane prices. After the BIN period ends he drops the price. And so on. When the prices get close to reasonable and he gets some bookmarks of interest, he immediately returns the prices to the highest level. Doesn't even wait for the BIN period to end.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options

@smallstocks said:
    He lists cards at insane prices. After the BIN period ends he drops the price. And so on. When the prices get close to reasonable and he gets some bookmarks of interest, he immediately returns the prices to the highest level. Doesn't even wait for the BIN period to end.

He just did it to a card I was watching. Been watching it for a few weeks and it got down to $40 and it didn’t sell. So he just resisted it for $66. I’m trying to understand how that makes any sense.

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

I guess he must be catching a lot of fish with that hook. I no longer bookmark any of his cards.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    dtsagent9dtsagent9 Posts: 69 ✭✭✭

On the BIN you just have to time it right with this guy. He had 4 cards I wanted and after about a month he had dropped the prices by about 70 percent and I bought all of them and combined the shipping. His starting prices are outrages tho.

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭

He also lists cards on eBay for BIN that he does not own. If it sells, then he attempts to buy it from the owner.....but there are times that card has already been sold by the owner, so SCF has to cancel the deal. I know for a fact that he lists cards for sale that are in Larry Mayer's inventory. I have actually bought cards from Larry before that SCF has listed on eBay.....I have the cards in hand and see them still on eBay listed by SCF.

Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    TrevmoTrevmo Posts: 201 ✭✭

Sorry to chime in a bit late here, but has anyone ever sold a set to him? I keep getting emails about my Ozzie Smith master set and the price he offered was pretty decent. Anyone have any transactions lately?

Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's, 1949 Bowman PSA 5's, and 1949 Bowman PCL'S in any grade!
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mariner said:
    He also lists cards on eBay for BIN that he does not own. If it sells, then he attempts to buy it from the owner.....but there are times that card has already been sold by the owner, so SCF has to cancel the deal. I know for a fact that he lists cards for sale that are in Larry Mayer's inventory. I have actually bought cards from Larry before that SCF has listed on eBay.....I have the cards in hand and see them still on eBay listed by SCF.

Have had the same experience.

• Options

So a few weeks ago I was in contact with SCF directly from his FB page. We were messaging each other back and forth about some cards he had listed on eBay. I made an offer on 3 of them that would have totaled about $400. He never responded. Next thing I know he drops the price on eBay and puts them as an auction. Won all 3 as the only bidder and got the 3 cards for just a tad over $300. Guess his incompetence cost him some money. Fine by me. Lol

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trevmo said:
    Sorry to chime in a bit late here, but has anyone ever sold a set to him? I keep getting emails about my Ozzie Smith master set and the price he offered was pretty decent. Anyone have any transactions lately?

What he offered me for my Yaz master set was about 60% of what it’s worth.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your comments, everyone. For some reason, I'm just seeing some of the most recent comments. I don't want to sell my sets, but it just seems like I couldn't even offer any kind of response. When I click 'Reply', I don't see an option to ACTUALLY reply. Strange. Maybe I don't have my account properly set up.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's on my ignore list. I hate weeding through all his listings at starting prices 10x of VCP. The guy needs his head examined. When I look at his feedback, it doesn't seem he actually sells anything at the inflated price points. So it's a lot of wasted energy that also muddies up the eBay searches.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gemint said:
    He's on my ignore list. I hate weeding through all his listings at starting prices 10x of VCP. The guy needs his head examined. When I look at his feedback, it doesn't seem he actually sells anything at the inflated price points. So it's a lot of wasted energy that also muddies up the eBay searches.

I almost always browse eBay without being logged in, and this yo-yo’s listings definitely muddy the waters. I only wish he would use an identifiable keyword in his titles so I could eliminate them from searches.