Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1996 Topps Basketball Checklist #111

This card is short printed and apparently has a chrome style front. It was not inserted in the gold factory set that came out. Does anyone know how to differentiate this card from the NBA 50 insert checklist? I have two sets of the NBA 50 parallel set and I remember finding an extra 111 in one of my other boxes. I think one is the regular Topps version but they all look identical. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to tcdb, this is the 1996 Topps #111 Checklist. They dont show a 50th Parallel Set checklist, card #111 is missing from the checklist. However, judging from the pictures of the Series 2 checklist #221, looks like the NBA 50th cards have a silver foil as opposed to the base versions. Looks like the wavy line pattern is the tell tale.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

All three of mine have the wavy silver pattern. The last NBA50 checklist doesn’t look like this at all. Now I’m wondering if there was an NBA 50 111 checklist. Maybe I have 3 of the regular checklists. I bought the sets long ago so someone could have put them in thinking they were the NBA50 checklists.

• Options

Funny how you learn something new in this hobby after all these years. I’ve been collecting since 1979.